• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I Uninstall Dreamweaver?

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to uninstall a CS5 version of Dreamweaver, plus other Adobe apps that I no longer need.

The uninstaller app wants me to quit Safari and three other apps (SafariBookmarksS, SafariCloudHistory, and SafariNotiviati) that I don't have (or can't find). And it won't continue until I quit these apps.

In addition, I want get rid of CS5Service Manager (which is a major nuisance).

So what can I do?

Thanks for your help.

PS - I spent almost an hour today trying to find a solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Is this a Mac version or windows version?  I know with the Mac version, all Macs have Safari and if the processes are running the DW uninstaller will not run because some of the web pieces of DW are connected through Safari.  If Safari is stuck open can you force quit the app?  Or have you tried restarting your computer to see if that helps force quit the app?

If you are still having issues, you can run the CC Cleaner tool ( https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this a Mac version or windows version?  I know with the Mac version, all Macs have Safari and if the processes are running the DW uninstaller will not run because some of the web pieces of DW are connected through Safari.  If Safari is stuck open can you force quit the app?  Or have you tried restarting your computer to see if that helps force quit the app?

If you are still having issues, you can run the CC Cleaner tool ( https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html​ ).  However, I would be more concerned if you have an issue with Safari as that is tied to the OS and per the Apple KB article, there is no way to re-install short of using a time machine backup or re-installing OSX ( Update or reinstall Safari for your computer - Apple Support​ ). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines