• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I use Dreamweaver in a multi monitor setup?

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using dreamweave cc2019 at college and it says it supports multi monitor (windows not mac) but no one really knows how it works Can someone explain plz 

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

If your computer is set up with more than one monitor already, and you're just having issues getting DW to allow you to move documents onto the second screen, all you need to do is click the named tab of the document window (where it says index.html or styles.css, etc with an X next to it) and drag it away from the Application Frame. From there, you will be able to move the document onto your second monitor like any other program.

The default in DW is to open documents as tabbed windows within t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

DW won't give you the options for Design or Live in documents that it doesn't recognize as valid for Design or Live viewing. A .css file for example, will appear as code and will deactivate the options for Design or Live View. DW will do that with quite a few document types. 

Splitting up Design and Code View into two separate screens still isn't a feature in DW, not with individual Document Windows, but it can be done. If you want Design View and Code View on two separate monitors, you can...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your question, but either it doesn't really have an answer in itself. It will all depend on how you use your screens and what your workflow is.

on windows, unlike Mac, we are necessarily in application window mode, so the main interface of DW is blocked in a single window. You can either apply this window to the size of one or more screens (in my opinion no interest to exceed one).

on the other hand, all the pallets, docked or not, can be placed as you wish on other screens, outside the main window of DW.

now depending on the workflow, if you have several screens, it is (but that's my subjective opinion), it is better to

• focus DW on a single screen,
  • then use screen #2 for a global interface with two side-by-side control browsers,
  • screen #3 alternately for the graphic image editing tool overlay, FW, PS and Ai and on the side Bridge 
  • and finally on screen #4 (main screen) code editor, control console and debugger

now, depending on the tools associated with your graphics cards, you can store the various workspaces and launch the various configurations required depending on the project you are working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your computer is set up with more than one monitor already, and you're just having issues getting DW to allow you to move documents onto the second screen, all you need to do is click the named tab of the document window (where it says index.html or styles.css, etc with an X next to it) and drag it away from the Application Frame. From there, you will be able to move the document onto your second monitor like any other program.

The default in DW is to open documents as tabbed windows within the Application Frame or the current document. As far as I've seen, there's no way to turn that off, so you have to click and drag each new document from the previous document (that's already floating) or from the Application Frame.

To get a document back into the Application Frame, click and drag it to the top edge of the frame until you see a blue highlight. Release it when the highlight appears and it will lock back in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

it works as you propose (in principle). BUT in my German DW in one of the files there is no menu, for the different views e. g.

AND what's not possible (at least for my German DW), to put a file in design view on to the first and it's code view on the second screen.

Hans-GĆ¼nter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW won't give you the options for Design or Live in documents that it doesn't recognize as valid for Design or Live viewing. A .css file for example, will appear as code and will deactivate the options for Design or Live View. DW will do that with quite a few document types. 

Splitting up Design and Code View into two separate screens still isn't a feature in DW, not with individual Document Windows, but it can be done. If you want Design View and Code View on two separate monitors, you can...

1. Go to Window > Code Inspector, or hit F10 to open the Code Inspectorr Window
2. Switch the Document Window to Design View only.
3. You can then place the Code Inspector Window and the Document Window on separate screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jon,

thanks, your proposal works, esp. in my DW 2015 (!) ;-)))

I'm still struggling with the newer versions in the fields  "includes" and one of the "DMXzone Extensions".

Hans-GĆ¼nter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... sorry my like in my previous input was an inadvertent mistake!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines