• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does a third party vendor administer add-ons?

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My firm has a vendor who created Dreamweaver Add-ons for us.  The custom extensions were uploaded to Adobe's site (I assume that means the exchange). It was a private invitation only group. The vendor was able to add and remove users. Adding a user triggered an invitation to the user to install the add ons.  We are using Dreamweaver CC, and we have Creative Cloud.  Existing users are okay, but the vendor no longer has the option to add or remove users from the group.  How can this be resolved?

I tried a support chat, but was disconnected after explaining this a few times.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Ask your vendor to just send you the .zxp files.

If you don't have Extension Manager, you can get one free from DMX Zone.

https://www.dmxzone.com/go/22670/dmxzone-extension-manager-for-dreamweaver/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask your vendor to just send you the .zxp files.

If you don't have Extension Manager, you can get one free from DMX Zone.

https://www.dmxzone.com/go/22670/dmxzone-extension-manager-for-dreamweaver/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - thank you, but that method has been discontinued. My understanding is that extension managers (and therefore .zxp installs) were no longer allowed when Adobe released version CC products, and that an add on extension area administered by the developer who created the extensions was required by Adobe. Our vendor's developers were previously able to add / remove users from an Add Ons group. I do not have access to the group, and now they don't have access to add or remove users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JoniH1  wrote

...but that method has been discontinued. My understanding is that extension managers (and therefore .zxp installs) were no longer allowed when Adobe released version CC products,

No.  If that were true then all 3rd party extensions obtained directly from WebAssist, DMX Zone and Project Seven would fail to install.  Give it a try and use the  Extension Manager from DMX Zone.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - I will pass this along to our vendor.  Very surprised to hear the extension managers option is back! I will update this thread if that is a viable option for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines