Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Change CC 2019 Colors with CS5 Colors

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I've used Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 for about a decade now, and I'm used to the color scheme used in the code editor for HTML and PHP tags/variables, etc.

I recently upgraded to Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2019 after a catastrophic computer failure, and no longer have CS5. Is there a way to change the CC 2019 code colors to those of CS5? Is there some kind of one-click preference option, or do I have to import a colors.xml type file? If so, where is that file available for CS5's default code colors?

Thanks

Kind regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW's code editor is based on Brackets now.  So the code themes are different.  You can customize the LESS file to a point but it won't be identical to what you had in legacy Creative Suite.   I found a Brackets code theme on Github I could live with.  And after 1 week of using it, I didn't look back.

Brackets Themes 

See related topic.

Solution: White on Mint Green Code Color.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for the info, I will look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking for language specific coloring?

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is a theme that offers different code colouring options for CSS, PHP, HTML and JS: mode-aware-code-theme.zip​ - Yes, its bright, I need something I can see as I'm getting on a bit and the eyes are not what they used to be

If you are on Windows copy the folder containing main.less and package.json to path something like: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2019\en_US\Configuration\Brackets\extensions\user\

I think the path on Macs is something like:  Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2019\en_US\Configuration\Brackets\extensions\user\

Restart Dreamweaver if already running ....

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines