• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to collect information from visitors in Dreamweaver?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, I hope everyone is safe & healthy,

My questin is how can I collect information from visitors using dreamweaver website? (like email signup)

I want to know if it is possible to create a fully functional website like nike using Dreamweaver?

I am new to coding and Dreamweaver. Any advice would be great!!

Thank you so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You collect information from vistors through a form you create on your website. Email sign up being the basic entry point if you want to collect users email addresses so you can store and use them to send out newsletters, product updates etc.

Anything can be created in Dreamweaver, its just a code editor. You need to know how to code to produce complex solutions. There's nothing in Dreamweaver that will automate the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Makes sense 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign-up for a MailChimp account.  Generate your sign-up form on their site and embed their code into your HTML document. When people use your sign-up form, their names are added to your MailChimp mailing list.

https://mailchimp.com/help/getting-started-with-mailchimp/

Also due to strict privacy protection laws, you must tell your site visitors what data you're collecting and how you're using it.  Otherwise your site could incur fines for violating regional laws.  As an example, see MailChimp's Privacy Policy.

https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This really helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I want to know if it is possible to create a fully functional website like Nike... I am new to coding and Dreamweaver."

Tools don't make websites, people do.  I think a Nike Store or any e-commerce site is a good advanced coder's project after you've developed some experience.  But it's not a good beginner's project.  We must crawl before we can walk.  If you're in a hurry use a 3rd party CMS like Shopify or Wix.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you makes sense! I am trying to learn how to code.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am trying to learn how to code.

Keep going, if you seriously want to learn coding and have a passion for it, for some particular reason, like a long term career in the business, then you will suceed. It won't happen overnight, it didn't for any of us. I look back now and think how unknowledgeable I was at the start of my journey but it was fun, interesting and exciting which is what kept me going. If it wasnt for those aspects I'd have given up long ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines