• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a folder of a Dreamweaver site on my desktop?

Enthusiast ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order for an expert to examine and analyze my site files, I am required to provide a zipped copy of my Dreamweaver site. I have the local site folder on my desktop but it only contains the HTML and styles files but each is in a Chrome file format together with images and SVG.

In the past, when I have needed support on Muse I have been able to send the complete folder by Hightail which provides a link for access. But I am not able to locate a Dreamweaver folder in my computer or CC files.  There doesn't appear to be a way in Dreamweaver to save the site folder to my desktop.

Can anyone explain this, please?

Kindest etc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

The reason they are being shown as Chrome files is because you have not associated html, css files, (etc) with Dw. So your file managment systen is simply associating them with your default browser.

If (using windows, sorry don't know about Mac) you right click on the file(s) and select 'open with' then select dreamweaver, and select always open with this program, your OS will then associate the files with Dw.

The above is not strictly necessary, and if you remembered to define your site in Dw, yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reason they are being shown as Chrome files is because you have not associated html, css files, (etc) with Dw. So your file managment systen is simply associating them with your default browser.

If (using windows, sorry don't know about Mac) you right click on the file(s) and select 'open with' then select dreamweaver, and select always open with this program, your OS will then associate the files with Dw.

The above is not strictly necessary, and if you remembered to define your site in Dw, you only need to select the folder containing all the files, (html, css, images, svg, etc) and then using the right click context menu select to zip the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines