Highlighted

How to delete tag <!--InstanceBegin template=""...> before <!DOCTYPE html>

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to delete tag <!--InstanceBegin template="".....> before <!DOCTYPE html>?

In .dwt template file, I placed <!DOCTYPE html> in the first beginning of source code, but the <!--InstanceBegin template="".....> automatically added before <!DOCTYPE html> and caused error in the child page. I can't update child pages with this error.  

How can I remove the annoying code <!--InstanceBegin template="".....> before <!DOCTYPE html> in the child pages? 

Correct answer by Francesco Della Peruta | Adobe Community Professional

I've found this old tutorial about the Manual Setup of a Dreamweaver Template... Please take a look at the

"Manual Setup of a Dreamweaver Template" section:

Build & Manage Websites with Dreamweaver Templates | Miscellaneous Items

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to delete tag <!--InstanceBegin template=""...> before <!DOCTYPE html>

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to delete tag <!--InstanceBegin template="".....> before <!DOCTYPE html>?

In .dwt template file, I placed <!DOCTYPE html> in the first beginning of source code, but the <!--InstanceBegin template="".....> automatically added before <!DOCTYPE html> and caused error in the child page. I can't update child pages with this error.  

How can I remove the annoying code <!--InstanceBegin template="".....> before <!DOCTYPE html> in the child pages? 

Correct answer by Francesco Della Peruta | Adobe Community Professional

I've found this old tutorial about the Manual Setup of a Dreamweaver Template... Please take a look at the

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 19, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2018 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a child page that you are talking about, with the page open, go to Tools -> Templates -> Detach from Template. This will remove all traces of the template and render the child inedependant of its parent.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2018 1