• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how  to embed a live video on my web page without YouTube or Facebook.with cost effective method.

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how  to embed a live video on my web page  

(but can't use youtube and facebook for hosting the live video ) 

and also need a live chat session below the live video

with a cost efficient method.  ,  

can you give me the  guidance plz. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use to create a web page so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am using Dreamweaver .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't you use Youtube or Facebook?  Is there a limitation with your hosting that we need to know about? I know Vimeo ( https://vimeo.com ) allows for live streaming. I've come across JWPlayer before for live streaming ( https://www.jwplayer.com/live-streaming/ ), but again, without knowing much about your setup or limitations this may not be the right option.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly are you doing?  I ask because YouTube video is NOT live video. They are pre-recorded videos on demand which is totally separate technology from live video streaming. 

If you have pre-recorded videos you want to publish on your server, no special software is needed.  An ordinary MP4 video will work on any device without any special players or plugins. You simply need to wrap it inside the HTML5 <video> tag.  

For Live Video Streaming, look at 3rd party solutions like Adobe Connect, Behance Live, Zoom, Blue Jeans and Twitch. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...YouTube video is NOT live video."

That is NOT correct. Maybe once upon a time, Youtube was limited to pre-recorded content, but it's simply no longer the case, and hasn't been for some time. 

Youtube most definitely offers the ability to Live Stream, and there are a massive number of individuals and businesses out there doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBrmnB5aOSI

Streaming through your own site however, requires the right hosting company, hosting plan/server and equipment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know YouTube offers live streaming, Jon.  But that's NOT embedded video. That's a live broadcast over a verified YouTube streaming channel.  And Live Mobile Streaming requires a minimum of 1,000 subscribers.  So obviously, not for everyone.

In contrast, embedded YT video in an <iframe> is not live video.  Sorry if I confused anyone.  Hopefully the OP will come back & clarify their intentions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines