• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to find pre-existing pages in Dreamweaver from a site made with Captivate.

New Here ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inherited a web presentation that someone else created in Adobe Captivate. It is my job to update this presentation in Dreamweaver. I have the index.html and the reference files for CSS, images, etc. What I don't have are the html files for the individual pages that are linked to from the main menu/toolbar of the index.html file. I'm looking at the code for the index.html and the anchor code just has the hashtag and not the actual names of these pages. I even opened the index.html in a browser hoping the extension of those pages would clue me in as to what file they were located in. That did work because the extensions are showing up the same way as the code, with a hashtag only. How do I find these pages to edit them? The index.html file works and all of the links work. I don't understand how that is possible with no real target.

This is an example: <a class="c01" href="#" title="Module Introduction">Introduction</a></li> The href is pointing to # and not the name of an actual page. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

The Captivate user forum below might have better suggestions for you.

Adobe Captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. From what I understand from your post, that you are trying to edit the index.html file from the published output. I have checked with our Captivate team and this is what they suggested:-

"We don't recommend to edit the published output of Captivate as it might cause unexpected behavior while playing the content. If you want to host the published content on the website, then you will have to upload the entire content of the published output in the same location as the web server."

Please let me know if you need more assistance on this. I'm happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate uses scripting to generate content.  Why are you being asked to update a Captivate project using Dreamweaver?  You should be using Captivate, yes?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I should be, however, Captivate is not downloading on my computer. The installer keeps coming up with a blank screen. A representative from Adobe was supposed to contact me about it yesterday but never did. In the meantime, I was told to use Dreamweaver to do it instead since that's already on my device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Captivate user forum below might have better suggestions for you.

Adobe Captivate

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines