• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to open a linked page quickly?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you open a linked page quickly? The only way I currently know how to do it is first clicking Edit, then Link, then Open Linked Page (which is absolutely stupid), so being forced to open a menu and then scroll down and into another submenu is a really terrible unproductive way to do it. For example, if I am looking at a page in Live view, why I can't click on the link to take me to the desired page? Is it really so difficult, Adobe? Even an Open button in Properties would help. Is there any hotkeys for it? Why I can't select the link and click through to open that page? CNTRL + left click doesn't actually open a page to edit. This is so stupid and absurd, back in the days I used Frontpage and it was so damn easy to open a linked page, you would think Dreamweaver would have an option for it. I have over 20,000 pages in my web, so being able to simply click within a split second to open a linked page would help astronomically. Does anyone know of any hotkeys or ways to click it open? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

--Thayvian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

You can open linked pages from DW, just not from within Live View.

Click whatever link you want to open in Live View, this will target the correct area of your code, if it's long, in Code View

In Code View, right click the highlighted <a href src=""> and choose Open "pagename.html"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I you are asking what I think you are asking . . . is the Files Panel open in your DW workspace? If so, scroll to the file you want to edit in that list and double click. Depending upon your site architecture, you may have to click open a folder first.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can open linked pages from DW, just not from within Live View.

Click whatever link you want to open in Live View, this will target the correct area of your code, if it's long, in Code View

In Code View, right click the highlighted <a href src=""> and choose Open "pagename.html"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines