• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to re-register Dreamweaver on a new computre

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had all my files and apps transferred from one iMac to a new iMac. Now Dreamweaver CS6 says it is in a trial mode and that I need to register it with 15 days. When I enter the registration number, I'm told the SN is already in use. Apparently the application on my iMac doesn't know that. The Adobe help site never is able to pull up my customer records. All I get is an endless pinwheel. How will I find this post again? I have no idea.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With CS6 you need to deactivate on the old machine usually. Do yyo have access to the old Mac?

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old Mac is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If memory serves me correctly its via the help menu... Help > Deactivate.

If you dont have access to the old machine you'll need to reach out to Adobe support.

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Apparently I must reach out by phone because the online pinwheel won't let me proceed. I'll try some day when I have lots of time to wait in queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 Transferring any software  from one machine to another rarely works.  You really need to wipe off the old software and run the installation routines from disks or downloads.   See links below.

#2  Creative Suite installers are old.  They don't work with newer Macs.  You'll have to use workarounds for that as well. 

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

#3  Sign-in to your Adobe Account with a different browser that allows cookies and doesn't have script blocker add-ons.

Adobe Account

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first link provided speaks only to Windows. Not Mac. The information provided on the link is beyond my competence. Looks like my website is going to die. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/WTF+does+this+mean  wrote

The first link provided speaks only to Windows. Not Mac.

Scroll down to where it says 

Run the CC Cleaner Tool for Mac OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions for uninstalling. No problem. Then I downloaded the cleaner for Mac. I activated it and when I came to the place where it said pick the program you want to clean. Dreamweaver wasn't on the list. End of process. No Dreamweaver.

I had an academic version that required no annual fee. I suppose it "came over" when I switched from PC to Mac a few years ago. I have other Adobe products that were once-and-done paid for. Now I apparently have to pay monthly for Dreamweaver. What a super deal. Monthly for a program I use once in a blue moon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/WTF+does+this+mean  wrote

I had an academic version that required no annual fee. I suppose it "came over" when I switched from PC to Mac a few years ago.

I think that's unlikely because  legacy Creative Suite was platform specific.  You would've had to install the PC version from disk as a Mac version won't work on a PC and vice versa.

If you bought an a academic version, do you still have the installation disks and serial number that came with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have a Windows disc. Here's the discussion with Adobe in 2014:

November 17, 2014, 5:57 PM

This email is in response to your request for Cross Platform Swap. Please note that Cross-platform and cross-language swaps are available only for the current versions which is Dreamweaver CS6.0. The serial number you have updated is for Dreamweaver CS5.5, hence we will not be able to process the swap request. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I request you to contact our Sales team to upgrade the software to the current version. Please Visit the below link to get the contact details.For Adobe Support contact information, visit http://www.adobe.com/company/contact.html. Your Customer identification number registered with us is 102166514. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us vialive chat. For more information on Adobe products or services, please visit us at: www.adobe.com. We look forward to assisting you. SN 1192-1379-4711-3549-1509-2117

Nov 18. New order placement  0214233038

Thank you for contacting Adobe. You contacted us since you wanted to purchase Dreamweaver CS6 upgrade from Dreamweaver CS5.5 version. We provided the instructions to place an order for Dreamweaver CS6 application for Mac. We are glad that you are able to place the order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry. I replied in the forum. You can tell I don't read all the way

through anything. too much multitasking fixing Malwarebytes, which won't

let me re-register, and Alexa switching music from one room to another,

while I'm trying to finish a three-page explanation of why range should

be used as a noun instead of a verb.

Happy Holidays

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines