• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove all traced of Dreamweaver

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bDreamweaver 2020 on a Mac is not always doing what I need it to (example: adding a new test server... it somehow remembers old ones that I have deleted).  Yesterday I deleted Dreamweaver from ky Mac and, went through Finer abd deleted azll instances of the word 'Dreamweaver', emptied the trash and ran First Aid.  I then reinstalled Dreamweaver, went to define new servers and the old are still known (I can reopen them in Site > Manage).

How can I completely remove every trace of Dreamweaver 2020 so I can start fresh.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try Restoring Preferences: https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html

You can also turn on your OS's hidden files and go to HD > (your user) > Library > Application Support (normally hidden) > Adobe > Dreamweaver CC (your version) > (your language) > configuration, and delete it (the configuration folder at that location).

Don't do a search from your OS, it will bring you to the wrong configuration folder which will kill DW and leave stuck server info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For future reference, here is the Adobe Cleaner Tool for removing unwanted Adobe programs from your system. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This could also be a corrupt user profile on the OS.  As a Mac user I've run into this before.  Can you start your OS as a different user and see if it persists?  If it does, you may need to migrate what user data you need to a new account on your Mac and use that moving forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines