Highlighted

How to set up Dreamweaver/Wordpress LAN server workflow?

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Ubuntu LAMP server on my local network with a few existing WP sites. The LAMP server is used only for development.

I want to be able to work with Dreamweaver/Wordpress using that server, rather than having to import to my local machine.

I have read a few tutorials for doing this with a local WAMP/MAMP server, and tried to extrapolate the instructions for a LAN server, but to no avail.

Does anybody have any resources on how to do this? Is this even possible?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy_OShea | Adobe Community Professional

I've never tired it.  I always use a local testing server on my primary hard drive, the same drive as DW.  And I keep my local site folders in my testing server's default web directory:  www or htdocs (aka the  locahost).

CC-testingServer1.jpg

Working with files on a LAN tends o add latency issues to DW because it's constantly trying to access those networked resources.  In my experience DW performs much better when the local site folder resides on the primary hard drive.

That said, I don't see any reason why it would not work providing you have the correct path to the networked server in you site definition.   See screenshots.

CC-testingServer2.jpg

CC-testingServer3.jpg

Advanced Tab:  Server model

CC-testingServer4.jpg

Final screen.

CC-testingServer-final.jpg

Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to set up Dreamweaver/Wordpress LAN server workflow?

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Ubuntu LAMP server on my local network with a few existing WP sites. The LAMP server is used only for development.

I want to be able to work with Dreamweaver/Wordpress using that server, rather than having to import to my local machine.

I have read a few tutorials for doing this with a local WAMP/MAMP server, and tried to extrapolate the instructions for a LAN server, but to no avail.

Does anybody have any resources on how to do this? Is this even possible?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy_OShea | Adobe Community Professional

I've never tired it.  I always use a local testing server on my primary hard drive, the same drive as DW.  And I keep my local site folders in my testing server's default web directory:  www or htdocs (aka the  locahost).

CC-testingServer1.jpg

Working with files on a LAN tends o add latency issues to DW because it's constantly trying to access those networked resources.  In my experience DW performs much better when the local site folder resides on the primary hard drive.

That said, I don't see any reason why it would not work providing you have the correct path to the networked server in you site definition.   See screenshots.

CC-testingServer2.jpg

CC-testingServer3.jpg

CC-testingServer4.jpg

Final screen.

Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC-testingServer1.jpg

CC-testingServer2.jpg

CC-testingServer3.jpg

CC-testingServer4.jpg

Final screen.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the full tutorial on how to set up your local server and connect to it. If you do not mind, please tell me your opinion about this tutorial.
Thanks

Using Dreamweaver CC 2019 with Ubuntu 19.10 as a localhost PHP server 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines