• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML (Liquid) Syntax Highlighting Needed for Dreamweaver

Contributor ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see Dreamweaver implement Liquid Syntax Highlighting like the one for Sublime Text here: https://github.com/siteleaf/liquid-syntax-mode or similar with auto completion snippets built in. Something like a mixed document type of HTML(Liquid).  It would be great if we could map documents with specific extensions to other doc types. For example, when developing sites on Adobe Business Catalyst, I often save files with the .inc extension.  Dreamweaver by default recognizes these as text documents with no syntax highlighting. Every time I open the document I have to manually switch the document type to HTML.  If I could map .inc extension as HTML doc type, that would be awesome, or better yet as HTML(liquid) doc type.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Thanks for the tip! I posted in the ideas Forum.  Please visit and vote if you think it's a good idea!

Liquid Syntax Hybrid Mode with HTML and Coloring – Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to post over in the Ideas Forum: Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas so people can vote on your idea and the development team can see it (they rarely ever visit the user-to-user forums). If enough people like the idea and up-vote it, the dev team may find their way to add it to the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip! I posted in the ideas Forum.  Please visit and vote if you think it's a good idea!

Liquid Syntax Hybrid Mode with HTML and Coloring – Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave it a thumbs up vote.  I think it's a good idea particularly since Business Catalyst uses liquid.  It makes a lot of sense that Adobe's code editor should support more file types.

In the meantime, see if this helps you.

Add or edit recognized file extensions in Dreamweaver

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the vote Nancy!

I tried editing the extensions.txt file, but I didn't see any difference. My .inc files are still defaulting to text and I don't see these extensions that I've added in the extensions.txt file in the Dreamweaver document type list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you edit the Brackets JSON files, too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did, but still no difference.  This is what I have done so far. I added INC,LIQUID,TPL to the All Documents line in Extensions.txt

http://prntscr.com/hh1tw8

Then, I added inc, tpl, liquid to winfileextension and macfileextension for HTML in MMDocumentTypes.xml.

http://prntscr.com/hh1wpr

Lastly, I added 'language.fileExtensions":{".inc,.tpl,.liquid": "html" } to brackets.json.

http://prntscr.com/hh1wu7

I saved all the files and then restarted Dreamweaver

This is what I see in Dreamweaver when I open a .inc file

http://prntscr.com/hh1x7k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be opening as text but can you change it to HTML from the list?

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can. But I was able to do that before editing these files. The problem is that I can change it but when I close and re-open it, I have to change it again. It keeps defaulting to text for .inc instead of recognizing it as html and defaulting to that. This is still the case even after editing the configuration files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, since quite a bit of time has passed since the last request — was there any progress made on Dreamweaver reading and color coding .liquid Shopify server side files? Hope there is, or I'll have to use Sublime or VSCode. Let me know, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No syntax highlighting for Liquid.  Use VS Code instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @Nancy OShea  states, VS Code is an excellent alternative.

If you want something special, try Wappler which shares the same Monaco Editor  as VS Code. Wappler is what Dreamweaver could have been if Adobe had listened to their Dreamweaver users.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Wappler support Liquid?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not out of the box. Liquid will need to be installed using Wappler's terminal window:

npm i liquid

But if I were to use Shopify, I would use their API's to seemlessly make it part of my website.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But if I were to use Shopify, I would use their API's to seemlessly make it part of my website.

By @BenPleysier

===========

I agree. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines