Highlighted

Hundreds of asp files on remote server - can anyone help me?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am no genius in Dreamweaver but had until recently been able to make a homepage for a small publishing firm. I subscribe to Adobe CC and thus get always newer versions. I made our homepage on Dreamweaver CS3.

I have downloaded both CC17 and CC18 but have returned to CC15.

For some days I have had BIG problems putting especially the index and the file containing all our books. All putting is unsuccessful. I can upload the book sites without any problems.

Only today I realised that on the remote server HUNDREDS of asp files have been created. For the index "index10.asp  up to "index131.asp" and for the file containing all books HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF "nmd-hu-shoes-XXX.asp" files where "XXX" means any figure from 10 up to nearly 4000.

Why does this happen?

Earlier I always ensured that the local and remoter server were fully synchronised, but unfortunately I have skipped this important issue for a long time.

Can I delete all these asp files on the remote server as well as the index and file containing all the books and put the index and the file containg all the books from the local server?

I am somewhat ashamed of all this mess thus revealing I am no advanced Dreamweaver user (my competence is with InDesign).

Please help me.

THANKS in advance.

Dorte

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Are you certain you have all the necessary  site files on your local hard drive and you're sufficiently backed up?

If yes, then you can safely remove unused files from your remote server. 

Nancy

TOPICS
Dreamweaver FTP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Hundreds of asp files on remote server - can anyone help me?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am no genius in Dreamweaver but had until recently been able to make a homepage for a small publishing firm. I subscribe to Adobe CC and thus get always newer versions. I made our homepage on Dreamweaver CS3.

I have downloaded both CC17 and CC18 but have returned to CC15.

For some days I have had BIG problems putting especially the index and the file containing all our books. All putting is unsuccessful. I can upload the book sites without any problems.

Only today I realised that on the remote server HUNDREDS of asp files have been created. For the index "index10.asp  up to "index131.asp" and for the file containing all books HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF "nmd-hu-shoes-XXX.asp" files where "XXX" means any figure from 10 up to nearly 4000.

Why does this happen?

Earlier I always ensured that the local and remoter server were fully synchronised, but unfortunately I have skipped this important issue for a long time.

Can I delete all these asp files on the remote server as well as the index and file containing all the books and put the index and the file containg all the books from the local server?

I am somewhat ashamed of all this mess thus revealing I am no advanced Dreamweaver user (my competence is with InDesign).

Please help me.

THANKS in advance.

Dorte

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Are you certain you have all the necessary  site files on your local hard drive and you're sufficiently backed up?

Nancy

TOPICS
Dreamweaver FTP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 19, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Nancy,

Thanks a lot for your prompt feedback. Yes, I have all the necessary site files on my local hard drive and yes, I am sufficiently backed up.

However, I am relieved that I can safely remove all the unused files from my remote server. I'll do that right away and shall never let so much dirt come again.

AGAIN thanks for your commitment.

Dorte

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2017 1