Highlighted

I can't stand the new CSS Designer panel. Can I customize it to work like the old CSS panel?

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud DW has many changes to the CSS panel  something I used to use all the time. It doesn't open the CSS dialog when I double click the selector, I don't like how it displayes the properties, it wastes important 'real estate' with 'Sources' and '@Media' and I don't use them... pls pls don't make me hate the decision to have spent money to get this new version of Dreamweaver which has only made things worse... at least let users customize this panel to where it's usable again!

Nithya.MV Wrote:

You can always switch back to the old panel. Ctrl+Shift+Alt+P

Thank you so much!

This works perfectly!!!

Now...why hasn't this been previously noted here???

TOPICS
Learn Dreamweaver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I can't stand the new CSS Designer panel. Can I customize it to work like the old CSS panel?

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud DW has many changes to the CSS panel  something I used to use all the time. It doesn't open the CSS dialog when I double click the selector, I don't like how it displayes the properties, it wastes important 'real estate' with 'Sources' and '@Media' and I don't use them... pls pls don't make me hate the decision to have spent money to get this new version of Dreamweaver which has only made things worse... at least let users customize this panel to where it's usable again!

Nithya.MV Wrote:

You can always switch back to the old panel. Ctrl+Shift+Alt+P

Thank you so much!

This works perfectly!!!

Now...why hasn't this been previously noted here???

TOPICS
Learn Dreamweaver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 12, 2013 1
101 Replies 101
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same boat. Its even worse using it on a laptop.

I went back to CS6 like many others. Unfortunately Adobe don't seem to care much anymore about what customers want.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2013 1
Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@annestah ,solaced

Can you guys please log a request at https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform.

We already have a few requests for the same and your requests would add more weight to the requests and help in prioritising this request in our enhancement request queue.

In the mean time , I would suggest you to minimise the Sources and @media panes by clicking on them .

I also hope you know that the  CSS Designer panel can work in a two column as well as  a single column layout as in the below screenshot

CSS DEsigner.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2013 1
Participant ,
Jan 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, I really dislike the new CSS panel. It's too cramped, I keep accidentally scrolling past the properties I want to adjust. Also, it seems to have a mind of its own, often times not showing me the CSS classes/id's that I am looking to adjust. I have to keep clicking on the page several times to get the right ones to show up. Also the form entry fields are unintuitive and cumbersome - sometimes they stubbornly are trying to auto suggest stuff to you and won't let you just simply enter in a value.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2014 0
Engaged ,
Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea it takes up so much room on your laptop that I can only see the phone version of the site in live view.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2015 0
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attributes don't just autocomplete anymore like they do in ChromeDevTools, Firebug or even DW CS6. I feel like this panel should operate as responsively or intuitively as they do. This whole panel seems to be something that would be better off in Adobe Edge Reflow and not Dreamweaver. or at least the ability to switch to something more like the old. but even that wasn't as good as what is possible now. I though they'd get it right by CC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2013 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the CSS Designer panel for many months now (I had early access because I was presenting a lab at Adobe MAX in May). I've worked with it both on a large desktop monitor and on an 11-inch MacBook Air. Although the space on the laptop is cramped, I wouldn't go back to the old CSS Rule Definition dialog box or CSS Styles panel for anything.

Don't get me wrong. I think there are many things that could be done to improve the usability of the CSS Designer, but I feel that once you get used to it, you'll find it far more efficient than the old panels. New workflows are always disruptive, and they're probably the last thing you want to cope with when you're under a deadline. But I do urge you to give it more time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2013 1
Engaged ,
Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well you really are in the minority.

This is 2 (3?) years later, and i came here because the new DW sucks %^&*£$% But big time.

Like others i have used many different tools to get the job done, and i'd hoped DW CC would reduce the nuumber of tools i use.

well it does - by removing DW!!!

This new system may be fantastic once learnt but like many people i dont have time. Other tools - even Browsers themselves - are becoming more user friendly. Without expecting me to do a course to learn *their* way...

A quick look at market share, tools useage, webbuilders stats, etc. shows DW is falling and falling.

Is it the software or the companies attitude thats sinking the boat?

You tell us why DW is loosing ground.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in total agreement with you here!

This new designer feature is targeted towards beginner and novice users. I work with a team of seasoned CSS editors and every one of them refuses to use this and have stayed with CS6 until this is fixed or they are forced into something else.

David Powers suggest - It just takes time to get used to it. With all respect David, this is not the case; you can never edit CSS as efficiently as directly typing it in a property box or in the style sheet. And via the style sheet requires switching back and forth, etc.

I hope this feature is restored as an option before CS6 is unavailable!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2013 0
Engaged ,
Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't make sense. If the new CSS Designer panel is geared toward novices, then why would you remove the CSS Rule Definitions dialogue which actually makes it easier to choose CSS rules by simply selecting them from a drop down list?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2015 0
Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Paevo,

You can always use the add text boxes in the More section of the CSS Designer panel to add CSS rules easily if you do not like the GUI.

While typing, you'll also get code hints so it's easier to add the property & value.

CSSD4.png

Cheers,

Subhadeep

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI

CC2015 has re-enabled the double click to open the CSS Style Dialog box.

CC2014 (6981), no, it's still shackled. To edit a style, select the style then either right-click Edit...OR click the pencil tool.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2015 0
Engaged ,
Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2015 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the same. Absolutely cannot stand the new CC CSS Designer panel.

It slows down the process of editing CSS to a crawl... Honestly there is just no way I can continue to use it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2013 0