• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot load Dreamweaver

Enthusiast ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Dreamweaver off and on for about twenty years. I ran into some problems with several Adobe Applications. It took me several days but with the help of some Adobe experts the problems I was having with Animate and Illustrator have been fixed. Part of what they had me do was to remove all Adobe applications from my computer. When I put back all the ones I use I can't get Dreamweaver to even download. It reads "unable to copy. Check permissions and try again. Error code 147"

I have bumbuled around but I can not find (therfore not correct) the problem. Help!

TOPICS
Download install and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

It took me over a week to get this thing resolved. What finally happened (yesterday) was Adobe had me set up a new 'account' on my computer. From there I was able to download Dreamweaver application. When we went back to the 'account' I use Dreamweaver was there and works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of DW are you trying to install and where are you downloading it from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry (dah), I knew it was the most current version. Should have said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click on the "More Information" link next to the error, it should give you the path that the desktop app is trying to save to. You'll need to make sure you have full permissions to write to that location based on the OS you're running. 

If you can't fix it yourself, you may want to get that info to the Adobe Customer Care people again and see if they can't get you up and running. Installation and billing issues are typically all they handle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a Teams or Enterprise account, please contact your IT dept for assistance.

1. Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud+ all other apps you intend to use.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

2. If you haven't already, upgrade to the latest version of Creative Cloud desktop app (5.0.0.xxx).

3. You most likely have a permissions problem. Error 146 generally occurs when the installer is unable to unpack & move a file from the temporary folder where it was first downloaded to the destination folder.  See related help article below for tips on what to do.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/Error_Code_146.html

4.  Failing that, contact tech support via online chat.  Due to Covid-19, wait times are longer than normal. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It took me over a week to get this thing resolved. What finally happened (yesterday) was Adobe had me set up a new 'account' on my computer. From there I was able to download Dreamweaver application. When we went back to the 'account' I use Dreamweaver was there and works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines