Highlighted

I'm done with Creative Cloud subscriptions

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a web designer and have been using Dreamweaver since the Macromedia days. When Creative Cloud came out I was using Creative Suite 6. I decided to try out Creative Cloud, but after 3 years I have not found any significant improvements in Dreamweaver. In fact, I was still using CC 2014 as late as last month. I did try the new versions, but I preferred the earlier ones for Photoshop, and Illustrator. I was also still using Fireworks from CS6. The only application I felt was worth a subscription was Acrobat.

I decided last year to give it one more year and renewed. I wanted to see if any new pricing options or functionality might be introduced that would prompt me to stay. Unfortunately, this didn't happen, so I let my CC subscription die last month and I went back to using CS6 applications.

I have been a loyal Adobe customer for almost 20 years and I'm writing this post to express my frustration with Adobe's new pricing model. For goodness sake, please give your customers the option of buying a perpetual license for applications. I would definitely have opted for a perpetual license for the earlier versions of Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Illustrator and might have opted for a subscription for Acrobat. But I resent not having purchase options other than subscription licenses.

Adobe, I hope you read this - and I hope you're keeping track of how many of us are voicing the same concerns.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I'm done with Creative Cloud subscriptions

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a web designer and have been using Dreamweaver since the Macromedia days. When Creative Cloud came out I was using Creative Suite 6. I decided to try out Creative Cloud, but after 3 years I have not found any significant improvements in Dreamweaver. In fact, I was still using CC 2014 as late as last month. I did try the new versions, but I preferred the earlier ones for Photoshop, and Illustrator. I was also still using Fireworks from CS6. The only application I felt was worth a subscription was Acrobat.

I decided last year to give it one more year and renewed. I wanted to see if any new pricing options or functionality might be introduced that would prompt me to stay. Unfortunately, this didn't happen, so I let my CC subscription die last month and I went back to using CS6 applications.

I have been a loyal Adobe customer for almost 20 years and I'm writing this post to express my frustration with Adobe's new pricing model. For goodness sake, please give your customers the option of buying a perpetual license for applications. I would definitely have opted for a perpetual license for the earlier versions of Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Illustrator and might have opted for a subscription for Acrobat. But I resent not having purchase options other than subscription licenses.

Adobe, I hope you read this - and I hope you're keeping track of how many of us are voicing the same concerns.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 29, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

etherjazz  wrote

I'm afraid your complaints are going to fall on deaf ears.  This is primarily a user-to-user forum, although some Adobe staff do occasionally deign to poke their head in and see some threads.  But Adobe has a history of telling users what users like, not listening to user demands.  Horrible business model, but what can you do?

Best wishes on sticking with CS6.  I much prefer CS5/5.5/6 over what they are churning out, these days.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that. To provide your feedback to the team directly please post in the comments section of this blog post. What’s Coming to Dreamweaver in 2019? | Adobe Blog

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you 100%, it was this kind of huburis that kill Quark.  I know that I and a lot of other designers feel the same way. I think that now is an excellent opportunity for other software companies to move in and start taking some of Adobe share.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2018 0