Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm unable to connect to server

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Before the latest update, I was able to connect to my client's server and upload my files just fine. Now, I'm having an issue connecting to my client's server. I'm receiving the notices in the screenshots below. I, nor my client changed anything in the server from the time I initially uploaded my files to the time updated the app and needed to make edits and upload again. Can anyone provide me with guidance on how to remedy this issue? Thanks so much!!! 😊😊😊

After I test the connectionAfter I test the connection

TOPICS
Browser , Error , How to , Import and export , Performance , Preview , Product issue , Publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried another FTP application, like the free Filezilla Client, to verify you can connect to the server with your current FTP credentials?

Every now and again, server updates from the hosting company will kill your UN/PW. It actually happens pretty frequently with some of the bigger names out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with Filezilla. I'll try it out and come back with the results!

Thank you so much for your advice!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Filezilla cannot connect, contact your hosting provider.

If Filezilla can connect, create a new site definition in DW and delete the old one.  See screenshot.

More OptionsMore Options

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Could you please check if your server is up or can you restart your server and then try connecting to it.

Also, can you please check if your local firewall settings might not block accessing the server.

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines