• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I miss Macromedia and MX

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe bought Macromedia, it has become as i feared! DreamVeawer has been destroyed! All that happens is that the fee is raised and you get an even worse program at every upgrade!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that I'm not going to answer to your request, but if you mind, try to be involved in prerelease, and push there in asking to polish the usability, correct the bugs, improve features and so on...

I know that some folks around this forum, have given up and do not believe in it anymore, but hey, I have great hope and I will not give up yet ... let us persist together, and let's all vote for great improvements... please join the prerelease and make our voice stronger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with OP.  And as much as I would like to believe that being involved in prerelease makes a difference, I have to look at my experience with Bugtracker - instead of anything actually being addressed from the bugs I've filed and features I've requested, all I've ever really gotten in return are arguments; "It's not a bug."; "It's not possible to retrieve Solr Collection configurations for you to edit."; et al.  Mostly just excuses.

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/CF-3502465

The above link represents the typical attitude I've seen regarding bugs and features.  It doesn't instill a lot of hope.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't miss MX or DW8  because by today's coding standards, they are relics.   Far too much has changed since then.  But I do miss many of the intuitive features that older versions had.  I also miss the support for extensions and server-side coding that older versions had. 

I opened 2018 yesterday to help answer a user question.  Not realizing it was still open, I tried to do some coding with it and couldn't.  I closed 2018 and opened 2017.   So yeah,  there's a lot more work to do.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ive now currently gone back to using programs which are a few years old as they have a basic editing environment, a good snippets workflow, some code hinting completion and thats about it!

I dont actually use much modern stuff, whatever that is, so these basics editors do nearly all that l require, are fast and unfussy. Its just a shame as l dont think they will be updated with the latest webkit engines to take advantage of flex and grid if you want live updates and maybe the code hinting completion will stay as it is. They are dead in the water as far as any more useful ongoing development is concerned like a preprocessing workflow that doesnt involve jumping through hoops. So many of the good editors of the past have been abandoned to be replaced by these so called highly advanced abortions.

Im pretty disillusioned with nearly all the current editors. They just seem to be carrying an awful lot of baggage and fancy rubbish that a coder doesnt need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines