• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need help with a certain code language

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I didnt know where else to turn to, I am trying to learn how to build a chat room with a certain code you have to learn. But I am uncertain as to where to look on how to build a chatroom where your own guest can sign in make a username and can integrate this on your own website, Can someone help with a language I can learn to code this on my own?? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Any server-side language can do what you want.  ColdFusion is perfect for it, but you can also use PHP, JSP, ASP, .Net, Ruby, etc.

HTH,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any server-side language can do what you want.  ColdFusion is perfect for it, but you can also use PHP, JSP, ASP, .Net, Ruby, etc.

HTH,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a link you can recommend me so I can find something?

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean to help you determine which coding language to use?  No.

They pretty much all do the same thing, but in different ways.  ColdFusion is basically a 'wrapper' around Java (it's driven by a Tomcat server) which (I feel) makes it ideal for things like chatrooms.  Others may disagree, and think something else is better.

But all I can offer is advice:  pick two or three (or four) coding languages, look into each of them (get a feel for the syntax; see what built-in functions are available; research security for each; etc), and pick whichever one 'speaks' to you the most.  Which one feels more comfortable to use and write code for.

And you'll probably need to use JavaScript for whatever you're doing.  If you do use JavaScript, don't just throw a jQuery library into the mix and develop with just that; learn vanilla JavaScript so you can understand what a library like jQuery is doing, and you will be better able to troubleshoot issues.

HTH (hope this helps),

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use WordPress for your website, you'll find plenty of WP Chat Room Plugins online.  Google is your friend.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=Do1CWsyKJIrT0gLghqvQDw&q=chat+room+plugins&oq=chat+room+plugins&gs_...

If you don't use WordPress, there are plenty of commercial Chatroom scripts available.   Most use PHP & AJAX.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=b41CWvXnHoqS0gKf94CoDw&q=chat+room+scripts&oq=chat+room+scripts&gs_...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ill give this a look

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for the response i greatly appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for marking my answer as correct.  I do appreciate it.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines