• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to create a simple formail w/ contact info, either dropdown or radio button & capcha

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done formmail in the past w/ Matt's scripts but know that's not a good idea now....I've done the layout in DW2020 but do not know how to make it work, the site is on a secure server....any fast response would be appreciated or a link to some helpful info....would be great.  I've searched on the web, oh they have free forms but want to charge monthly for it's service. So I guess I need a server side app?  TIA, Cyn

TOPICS
Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver has no form processing capability  Start with your web host.

1. Which server-side processing languages are supported by your hosting plan?

2. Did you contact your web host and ask them if they have a form-to-email script you can use?  Many hosts do  but you have to activate it from your server's C-panel.

3. If your host doesn't have scripts you can use and you don't have much skill with programming and web security to prevent your forms from exploitation by hackers and other bad actors,  I think it's very wise to use a 3rd party solution.  See links below.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll take a look at it, I have been playing w/ https://www.formmail-maker.com/

it has capcha built in

Thanks, Cyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried the jotform....and was going to thank you for the referral....I had gone there and signed up and when it wanted me to choose plans, I figured it would be like the others, they are really reasonable....you remeinded me about capcha....I didnt't even think about it, why wouldn't they offer it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to ask them that question.  Google's reCaptcha is the defacto standard now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To thwart bots, use Google reCaptcha version 3.  NOTE: You need a unique Google key pair to invoke this app on your site. And I highly recommend that you conceal your secret key inside a server-side script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your insight....it's been a few years and so many changes, Cyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines