Highlighted

I need to reinstall .ste files every time I move to a new site to work

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to rebuild my site cache because my file folders would not stay collapsed. Now every time I move to a different site to work I need to reinstall its .ste files. Luckily I saved my backup from when I rebuilt my site cache.

I've never had this happen before, and my work flow is taking a hit.

How do I get my .ste info to 'stick'?

Version Info: Dreamweaver CC 2018 - build 10136, MacOS 10.13.3, MacbookPro  Retina 15 inch Late 2013.

Thanks!

Hi tlsherwood,

We haven't seen any such issue locally also. Are you still experiencing this issue? If yes, please provide following details

1. Which version of DW you had before CC 2018?

2. Do you see problem with each of your site?

3. Did you try using same .ste files on other machine and see if you encounter same problem?

4. If its specific to some of your site, would you be able to share your .ste files with us to try locally?

-Lalita

TOPICS
Dreamweaver FTP, Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I need to reinstall .ste files every time I move to a new site to work

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to rebuild my site cache because my file folders would not stay collapsed. Now every time I move to a different site to work I need to reinstall its .ste files. Luckily I saved my backup from when I rebuilt my site cache.

I've never had this happen before, and my work flow is taking a hit.

How do I get my .ste info to 'stick'?

Version Info: Dreamweaver CC 2018 - build 10136, MacOS 10.13.3, MacbookPro  Retina 15 inch Late 2013.

Thanks!

Hi tlsherwood,

We haven't seen any such issue locally also. Are you still experiencing this issue? If yes, please provide following details

3. Did you try using same .ste files on other machine and see if you encounter same problem?

4. If its specific to some of your site, would you be able to share your .ste files with us to try locally?

-Lalita

TOPICS
Dreamweaver FTP, Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 20, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember hearing something like this from other users. However, I am checking with the team to see if they know of this issue.

Meanwhile, if you would like your issue investigated or want to log a bug, I suggest getting in touch with us using this l link Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tlsherwood,

-Lalita

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lalita,

I am still experiencing this issue.  Here are my answers to your questions:

1. Prior to using DW CC 2018, I was using whatever came directly before that, presumably DW CC 2017 (I don't remember if there were sub-releases, e.g., DW CC 2017.1).

2. I see this problem with all my sites, at least with the 5 sites I've been working with on a regular basis since I backed up my .ste files on 1.29.18. I just tried moving from site to site right now and found that on a few of the sites I had to reload the .ste files, but then could move to another site and then back again without reloading its .ste file. But on my larged site (actually a family of sites) I needed to reload the .ste file for this — and of course this is the biggest problem because rebuilding the cache on this site takes quite some time.

3. I have not tried using my .ste files on another machine, as I don't have another available to me.

4. As the sites I'm working with do not belong to me I am not comfortable sharing the .ste files.

Do you have any other ideas, based on my answers above

I apologize for getting back to you so late — I missed the notification that you had replied to my original query.

Thank you,

Tracy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried manually creating a new site definition for the problem site?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

No, I haven't tried manually creating a new site definition, but how would that be different than the data that is in the .ste files? Also, it is affecting at least 5 site, if not more.

Thanks,

Tracy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2018 0
Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just trying to rule out if your STE file (s)  are corrupted. 

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2018 0
Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say that  ".. the data that is in .ste..."... from which data are you talking about... ?

• the data that constitutes the parameters of the site ?
  • the data that make up the content of the site ?

the .ste file contains only the first ...

it happens that this type of files are corrupted but being only simple XML files they are easily recoverable ... attention passwords however remain encrypted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2018 0