• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Image Map] Coords

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Developers, I need assistance with an example: coords="230,303, 800" I had an email template made for me and I am trying to figure out how they determined the coords. The code made the phone number and address clickable, but I'm unsure how they determined the coords. Can someone help me with this?

[Topic edited by moderator.]

TOPICS
Code , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

They are originated by drawing over the image in Dreamweaver.

Open a Dreamweaver file with any image in it, select the image by clicking on it then go >Window>Properties> You will be presented with a 'Map' menu where you can select a shape which you can use to draw 'hot-spots' over the image, which in turn create the co-ordinate positions.

I'm working from a very old version of Dreamweaver as I don't use it any longer, but find the 'Properties' menu for the image and the 'hot-spot' shapes should

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are originated by drawing over the image in Dreamweaver.

Open a Dreamweaver file with any image in it, select the image by clicking on it then go >Window>Properties> You will be presented with a 'Map' menu where you can select a shape which you can use to draw 'hot-spots' over the image, which in turn create the co-ordinate positions.

I'm working from a very old version of Dreamweaver as I don't use it any longer, but find the 'Properties' menu for the image and the 'hot-spot' shapes should be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image maps are not responsive.  Hotspot coordinates will drift out of register when images are re-scaled to fit different sized devices.  I cannot imagine why an experienced developer would use image maps in a modern e-mail template when plain text links are much more reliable.

That said, to create image maps in DW, you need to switch to Design View from the document toolbar and open your HTML Properties Panel (Ctrl + F3) to reveal the hotspot tools -- rectangle, circle and polygon.   See screenshot.  In this example, my rectangular shape is drawn over a foreground image and linked to Google.com.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for an email template, which might be a fixed width and not responsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used fixed-width e-mail templates in quite a while.  Have you?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

l personally havent produced any email templates in a few years but l know a couple of agencies who still send me fixed width images to convert into eshots just as they are. You cant make the images responsive as you wouldnt be able to read the text on a smartphone........bad practice but l know first hand it still happens. I also often get a considerable amount of emails sent from other companies which are not responsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines