• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Map Tool in Properties is Gone?

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to the newest version of Dreamweaver CC 2014.1 Release 6947 Build, I have noticed when clicking on an image the Image map tools in the bottom left of the properties box are missing. The only time they show is if I open an existing HTML I have created with maps on, and click inside the code view on the map coding. This still doesn't allow me to draw new maps on the image in design view. Where can I find the Image Map Tool in this version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

The image map tools will not be shown if you are in Live view. Please try switching your display to Design view using the drop list on the toolbar and see if you get them back.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image map tools will not be shown if you are in Live view. Please try switching your display to Design view using the drop list on the toolbar and see if you get them back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't find the image map tool, please help me and please upload a screenshot its very urgent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switch to Design View and go to Properties Inspector to use the Image Map tool.

-Subhadeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got it already, thanks man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Design View disappeared, so selecting it is not an option. If you click in the image src in the code, you get the options, but they don't work. I can't figure out how to get the arrows to draw the image map location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Krix-quet wrote:

Design View disappeared, so selecting it is not an option. If you click in the image src in the code, you get the options, but they don't work. I can't figure out how to get the arrows to draw the image map location.

Design view no longer exists in DWCC 2014.1 when you are using Fluid Grids, you'll need to do a quick work around to get it back. Go into your Fluid Grid css file and add the X below...

/*

Dreamweaver Fluid Grid Properties

----------------------------------

dw-num-cols-mobile:      X 4;

dw-num-cols-tablet:        8;

dw-num-cols-desktop:    12;

dw-gutter-percentage:    25;

=====================================

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You! This information worked great! added the X, restarted the program, i was able to add the image maps!!
Thank you Again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Bootstrap in DWCC 2015.0 and later is probably a better proposition in the long run. Fluid Grid Layouts now carry the "Legacy" moniker meaning they're unlikely to continue being supported by Adobe. There's no timetable, but the writing's on the wall so to speak. Bootstrap, on the other hand, is pretty unlikely to be abandoned by Adobe any time soon.

The Bootstrap framework is far more powerful than LFGLs for creating responsive designs and Design View works as expected. Which is to say "not very well" in some situations, but you'll be able to use image maps as normal.

Image maps and responsive design don't really go hand in hand though. The coordinates that html image maps use are absolute, they don't rescale with fluid images which can easily cause your image map navigation to fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jon said, Image Maps are not responsive.  While images re-scale, the hot spot coordinates do not which results in "link drift."

I would stay away from old fashioned bitmaps and look for another solution.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how then can i see what i am mapping if i can't see the real image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2016 Apr 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Life Saver!!!!!!

I have been using Dreamweaver CC for months now being frustrated at it, and all I had to do was switch in the drop down. I feel so so silly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  You shouldn't feel 'silly' at all.   Image maps were not as difficult to find in previous builds of DW.   It's the equivalent of driving a car your whole life.  Then you get in one morning and the steering wheel is gone.  Adobe and its reps assure you that 'all is well' because it's still there.  Really.  Honest.  You just have to jump through a few more hoops to find it.  It's right there - in the trunk, but it's only visible if you put the car in neutral and set the parking brake first.      Don't you feel silly for not doing that first?   

I don't mind upgrades to products.  But moving stuff around and changing product protocol for the sake of change itself is beyond frustrating - especially when clients are shelling out thousands of dollars for said product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh?

The Hotspot tools are in the exact same place they have always been (lower left corner of Properties panel) ever since I've been using Dreamweaver.  So no changes on that front.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh they're there but if you try to draw a shape on the image it doesn't work unless you switch to Design View.

Also, when I first started DW CC, the properties panel was not in the regular spot and I had to locate it and place it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's something people are now noticing because Live View finally has "some" editing functions that never existed in previous versions.

The image mapping tools just happen to be among the editing functions that haven't been brought over yet.

The tools were only available in Design View in previous versions as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of DW did you have before?

In versions previous to CC, you couldn't edit anything in Live View.

Yes, Workspaces are customizable.  You have a lot more freedom now.  A big improvement IMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not talking about where they are once you activate them, Nancy.  I'm talking about the hoops you have to jump through to actually get them to appear.   You obviously didn't read my post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread began in 2014 with a question about CC 2014. 

A LOT has changed since then.  And DW continues to change at a rapid pace.

What's new in the latest release of Dreamweaver CC (2015.1).

Dreamweaver CC (June 2015)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I appreciate  you copying and pasting the history of Dreamweaver here, and pointing out  that the thread started 'several years back',  I was responding to a user who is having issues finding the toolset from one month back.  I was also having issues finding it in my latest build (2015.2)  Is there some protocol to posting here that's being violated? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I appreciate you copying and pasting the history of Dreamweaver here, and pointing out that the thread started 'several years back', I was responding to a user who is having issues finding the toolset from one month back. I was also having issues finding it in my latest build (2015.2) Is there some protocol to posting here that's being violated?

Not at all.

I posted links to "What's New" release notes for the benefit of people who will find this thread in web searches and who may be confused about how the software differs from  2, 3 or 4 years ago.   Unfortunately, these discussions don't just die off when user participation wanes.  They live on as a lasting information source for many people we will never see or hear from.  The release notes are a valuable road map to the evolving UI and other features in DW.   Basically, if you can't find a toolset, check the release notes .

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood.  Thanks for the clarification!

On a side note I wanted to say 'thank you' for taking the time to hop on the boards and lend a hand in helping folks out with the different software issues they may be experiencing.  I realize that the boards are a 'voluntary' type of thing and that your time is valuable, and while you may not get a 'thanks' all the time from everyone, please know that your efforts - and the efforts of all of those who contribute here on the boards - is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine.png

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello TheB1rd,

Image Maps are still available in the Properties Inspector while in Design or Code View.

Editing/creating Image maps are not supported in Live View.

Thanks,

Subhadeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines