Highlighted

Image resizing handles not appearing

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I just installed the Dreamweaver CC trial, and I'n trying to change the size of an image (I want to do it by click-drag), but the resize handles are not appearing.

Any tips?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

My guess would be that you are in Live View instead of Design View. Newer versions of DW have some editing capabilities in Live View, one of the functions that hasn't made it across from Design View is the image resize handles.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Image resizing handles not appearing

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I just installed the Dreamweaver CC trial, and I'n trying to change the size of an image (I want to do it by click-drag), but the resize handles are not appearing.

Any tips?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

My guess would be that you are in Live View instead of Design View. Newer versions of DW have some editing capabilities in Live View, one of the functions that hasn't made it across from Design View is the image resize handles.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 19, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the size of the image in the Proerties panel as in

junk.png

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I know that, but if I wanted to just type in numbers, I would use Vi or Notepad.  Hence mentioning "by click-drag" in my post.  There must be a reason the resize handles are not appearing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2018 0
Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back in the 'good old days' we were able to 'click-and-drag' absolute positioned divs in Dreamweaver, positioning and resizing as we went. This was the worst way a page could ever have been layed out especially in today's environment.

In today's environment, where web sites are viewed in a number of different devices and sizes, absolute positioning should not be used as part of a basic layout, although it can be used in specific instances. To keep the layout fluid, contemporary designers choose to leave the image sizing relative to the width of the client screen.

In the example that I showed above, I had set the height of the image to 550px to ensure that the rest of the page would be renderend after that. This value is overridden in subsequent style rules to allow for different screen sizes.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 20, 2018 0
Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 20, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you fine sir!  This was it.  While I do take on board Ben's advice above, it's good to be able to resize in the way I was looking for, too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2018 0
Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Donaldson1234  wrote

I'm trying to change the size of an image

Images must be optimized for the web BEFORE inserting into web pages.  Photoshop's  ExportAs feature contains options for optimizing and exporting images in multiple resolutions (1x, 2x, 3x) for responsive web design.   See screenshot.  Note: Lowering the quality slider reduces file size and saves bandwidth. 

Once exported, you may use either the HTML <srcset> or <picture> element to display appropriately proportioned images to various web devices.

See link below for details.

Responsive images - Learn web development | MDN

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 20, 2018 0