Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images no longer showing in Live or Design view, but appear on website

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I have been performing edits to my webpage via the local files pulled from my FTP server by Dreamweaver CC 2018.

While performing these edits, I could always see the images that I input into the site in Live and Design view, and the images pulled from the site would appear in Live and Design view as well.

I must have changed a setting, because now all images appear as generic image error icons while I am in Live or Design view. When I preview the page in a browser, the images do not appear at all.

The images are still working correctly on the actual hosted website available to the public.

I have not pushed out an update to the website since this setting changed. I am concerned that I will break the images somehow if I push a site update before fixing this preview issue.

Anyone run into this?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

If content doesn't render in browsers, that's a code problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For best results,  validate code and fix reported errors.

CC-BugReport.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really should not rely upon DW for previewing anything.  Design View, Live View, etc., are not actual browsers and will not properly display your code.  If you want an accurate preview, use Preview In Browser.  I have DW set up to preview in Internet Explorer, FireFox, and Chrome, and I preview in one browser (FireFox) until I'm done, then I check in the other two, making any necessary changes.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If content doesn't render in browsers, that's a code problem. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines