Highlighted

Images not showing in Live View

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in live view, my images are not showing, they have an icon rather than the image.

Images are external.

Dreamweaver CC 2017, windows 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Images not showing in Live View

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in live view, my images are not showing, they have an icon rather than the image.

Images are external.

Dreamweaver CC 2017, windows 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 31, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you upload the document to your live server, are the images still not showing?  If so, this is likely a path issue.  If it's not, is there anything on your website setup that would block images from being seen on an external host (since you are testing locally on a localhost presumably, and not on the live domain)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 31, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if i preview the image to a website it displays fine.  It used to all display fine in Live then 2 weeks ago the images just went and I haven't been able to display them since.  My connections are ok and have been checked by IT but we cannot work out why they are not showing?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 31, 2018 0
Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I no longer have CC2017 installed, for me it was worse than CC2018 and far worse than the version I currently use (CC2015).

Are you 100% sure you're in Live View and not Design View?

Make sure a check is next to Window > Toolbars > Document and that Live is then chosen from the small triangle in the toolbar...

I realize it's a bit of an "is it plugged in?" kind of question, but the reason I ask is because Design View has had problems with externally linked images in DW for a while and simply won't show them. It gives the generic gray broken image icon instead. When I switch to Live, the images will show (both http and https), but if I update an image on the server, it won't update in DW unless/until I restart the program. As far as I can tell, that's just "the way it works" now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 31, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya

Yes 100% its in live, i have reopened, restarted time and time again, it worked perfectly until literally one morning about 3 weeks ago the images disappeared.  However, they rarely ever show in design and I thought that was how it worked, but even  now they very very occasionally show but only one image will display.  I am not sure if somehow its lost its connection to the internet as yesterday I tried to press on image help (along those lines and it said it was unable to help as I was not connected to the internet but i do not know how to fix that?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 01, 2018 0
Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here's what I do when DW "suddenly starts ______"...

1. Turn on your OS's hidden files and clear the program cache: Deleting a corrupted cache file

2. If that doesn't work, Restore Preferences: Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.
3. If that doesn't help, the "Nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure" method: Use the Cleaner Tool

I most cases, the first step will clear "just started _____" issues.

For #3, the Cleaner Tool will remove files that could stay behind during a normal uninstall/reinstall and affect future installations, so even if you've already uninstalled/reinstalled in the past, it's worth running the cleaner to make sure you're truly starting from scratch.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 01, 2018 1
Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working with valid code denoted by the green check mark?  And is the path to your image correct?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 01, 2018 1