• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing a existing website done in Microsoft Expressions to Dreamweaver

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help me with importing our existing website, which is active, that was developed with Microsoft's Expressions (and which is no longer supported by Microsoft) into Dreamweaver?

Our webmaster has retired and said that I could take over doing the updates on our website and suggested that we use Dreamweaver.  I have been unable to find any specific information on how to do this type of import.  I have no experience with maintaining a website, but our former webmaster seems to think that I could handle the import and and updating the website.  Our former webmaster did not have any experince working with Dreamweaver.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rod Souza

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setup a remote connection snd download (Get) the files to your local system. See https://helpx.adobe.com/au/dreamweaver/using/connect-remote-server.html

If you do not have the FTP details, get in touch with the host.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to look this up to be sure,  but the last version of Expression Web was back in 2012.  So it's been almost a decade.  If your website has not been through a major update, or at least minor refreshes since then it might be worth looking at redoing your website as opposed to just maintaining what exists today using Dreamweaver.

In just taking a minute to look at your site, you are running an ecommerce store, but the non-ecommerce part does not appear to have a SSL certificate. This can give mixed reactions to buyers as they enter through a non-secure site, but do eventually check out in a secure area.  It also does not appear to be responsive and websites that are not mobile friendly often do not rank as well because Google will potentially not rank your site as highly as one that is responsive.  Personally speaking, I would recommend looking at updating your site and not worrying about investing in Dreamweaver and rather, get someone to help you setup a CMS (Content Management Platform) that you can manage from the web without an expensive editor if you are not familiar with websites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I have no experience with maintaining a website..."

In that case, maybe you should hire a professional to help you.  There's a good deal more to maintaining websites than just using Dreamweaver.

I don't know if lisaknit.com is the site or not but Ben_W is right.  A non-secure connection doesn't instill much confidence from potential customers.

Free SSL certs from Let's Encrypt or CloudFlare are probably adequate for the majority of front end facing sites where no personal data is collected or stored.  But where data and online transactions occur (your shopping cart), SSL/TLS certificates should be purchased from a reputable certificate authority.  Different certificates provide different levels of security and protection in the event of a data breach.

https://www.namecheap.com/security/ssl-certificates/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines