Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Industry reciprocity in Dreamweaver vs. Muse CC

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey There,

Wondering what would be the better option to build a real estate website, Dreamweaver or Muse CC (or other?)

Real Estate websites must use reciprocity - IE: if you go to any agent website, you will not only see their active property listings, but all listings from their brokerage / office and from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)

**Limited HTML coding knowledge, but am learning now**

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It completely depends on the developer.

I wouldn't use Muse personally, but I don't think there's anything stopping someone from doing it if they're familiar enough with the steps need to take to add custom scripts. It has basically a page layout editor style interface, so if you're familiar with page layout programs, it's pretty simple to pick up.

Creating a website in DW is going to be tricky for anyone that doesn't understand code, but if I recall correctly, the MLS gives you essentially "copy and paste" style instructions to attach the listing service to your site. DW is, in Adobe's words, "for designers who want to work with code". It really assumes you have a good basic understanding when it comes to html, css and javascript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't recommend Muse for this.  I picture coding being involved here because I'm envisioning that you will be given code by the MLS service to pull the listings and display them on your site and for working in code view, DW is much better suited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

corinnef27108006  wrote

**Limited HTML coding knowledge, but am learning now**

I'm not trying to be derogatory, but until you have a very good working knowledge of, html, css, javascript and a server-side code for working with databases and processing on the server, then this project is a no-go until you have the required knowledge.

Dw, does offer the possibility of using 3rd party extensions which may help with some of the back end code, (server side) but even then you will have to know what you are doing as it will require customised server code.

As for muse, that will certainly not work as there is no possibility to add server code, (forget the so called wordpress extensions for Muse). You could take a look at using Buisness Catalyst with Muse, but again there will be a steep learning curve, and it still may not accept a Muse created site to do what you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand Business Catalyst -- which can be used with either DW or Muse, has a Real Estate Template with integrated MLS.   You might want to explore that option.  The only caveat is that Business Catalyst' websites only work on Business Catalyst hosting.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Muse is an application for creating micro-sites without data management. Examples: https://musewidgets.com/collections/site-of-the-day. For all other options is better to work with any code editor like Dreamweaver.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

its a American system so I would use Dreamweaver before Muse but the template Nancy posted has potential... my advise | recommendation is hire a professional coder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines