Highlighted

Inline styles/properties not highlighting in CC vs. CS6

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to CC and noticed that anytime I use inline styling that the properties are not highlighted like they were in CS6. I have been searching arround the color.xml file for a place to edit, but unsure of what to modify.

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 12.00.41 PM.png

vs.

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 12.01.06 PM.png

Having the properties highlighted def makes it quicker to navigate. I have to use inline styles a lot for emails, just in case anyone is curious.

Appreciate any help!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

That's the new normal unfortunately.

I still use CC2015 for html emails because of it.

I haven't seen or heard of any kind of fix for it as of yet.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Inline styles/properties not highlighting in CC vs. CS6

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to CC and noticed that anytime I use inline styling that the properties are not highlighted like they were in CS6. I have been searching arround the color.xml file for a place to edit, but unsure of what to modify.

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 12.00.41 PM.png

vs.

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 12.01.06 PM.png

Having the properties highlighted def makes it quicker to navigate. I have to use inline styles a lot for emails, just in case anyone is curious.

Appreciate any help!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 27, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2017 1
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Jon.

That's pretty frustrating then. Such a simple thing to incorporate from the previous version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's easy enough to go back to CC2015 through the CC Desktop App.

You can have both 2015 and 2017 (actually, all 5 full versions) installed on the same machine at the same time. Personally, I still do most of my development in CC2015 because of oddities in the latest that still aren't worked out. I use CC2017 to familiarize myself with the new program.

CC2017 was a big switch from the status quo. They completely dropped the old Code View engine and integrated a mostly there version of Brackets, so there has been a fair amount of pain with the change over. A lot of what was wrong initially, has been fixed at least partially, make sure to vote on a similar feature request, or make your own, here:

Adobe Dreamweaver: Ideas – Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

If enough votes come in for something like that, Adobe may take the time necessary to get it to a state similar to what we used to have in DW.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noted. Will definitely puts something down for discussion.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW CC 2017 is not alone in this aspect, most modern editors now do not distinguish inline css. Most have very poor and under performing editor realization which is quite funny really because it should be the Number 1 priority of any company producing a web-editor as developers are working in it 12-14 hours a day.

An editor should be almost 100% configurable to the desired concept of the developer, there's only 1 modern product that know of that can do that to any degree of success

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. While inlining styles is generally frowned upon, it still has it's applications. The main reason I even use dreamweaver is a like the side by side functionality for emails and it makes small changes quicker than Atom or Sublime if I have to refresh in a secondary window. Considering how lightweight email are, I don't need much out of an editor.

Just seems so odd that it would be something CS6 would support while CC doesn't. Can't be much to add such simple functionality. Even editing the baked in themes seems like it should simpler. Some of the improvements they made in DWCC are nice, but now I'd rather just have greater functionality with my inlined styles.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2017 0