• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserting a video in dreamweaver(photoshop design)

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello my name is Rowin and i made webpages in Photoshop(the design). now i have also made the navigation between the pages and everything. But now i want ot insert a video in some of my webpages. But when i do this with the html 5 video code, it messes up the background image(from photoshop). Does anybody know what to do about this? I would really appreciate it...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Much more easily than with DW, yes.

Muse has a WYSIWYG interface where DW doesn't. You should be able to save each individual item out of your PS file and drop them into Muse, then move them where you want, without having to touch the code.

You still won't be able to export the entire page as html from Photoshop to Muse. That's just not how it's done in either program. Like I said above, the code PS generates isn't acceptable for a real website. it's only for quick design comps to show people what

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's impossible to say for certain what might be going wrong without seeing your work in progress. Could you post a link to your work so we can take a look with our browsers.

If I had to guess, I would think it's possible, given your explanation above, that you might be using Photoshop's html code in your page. That will almost never work. Photoshop's html is good for a quick design comp, but it's totally unacceptable for a real website where the content may change (like adding a video where none existed before). The table structure created by PS is just too rigid to accept changes without blowing itself apart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the page i want to insert a video:

Schermafbeelding 2017-10-03 om 15.30.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, that's a picture of a page.

We need to be able to see your code to help you.

If you are trying to use DW's generated code for your page, it's just not going to work. You need to rebuild the page from scratch in DW, using elements you save out of PS, like the background image by itself, placed as a background-image in the css of a <div> tag.

If you're not familiar with html and css, you may have better luck using Adobe Muse. It's Adobe's web design program for Designers who don't want to work with html, css or javascript. DW assumes you have a firm grip on those concepts in order to work with it efficiently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh okay because i worked a long time ago a lot with dreamweaver but i forgto everything. So i thought let me do it a easy way... But what is adobe Muse? Because it is true that i like to work in design mode instead of HTML codes and all that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because i still want to use these pages and put the videos in it but i dont know much anymore about HTML codes and all that so...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or maybe you can help me making these pages in Dreamweaver but then in the html side of dreamweaver???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But i can make make these pages exactly like they are now in Adobe Muse? And insert videos easily?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much more easily than with DW, yes.

Muse has a WYSIWYG interface where DW doesn't. You should be able to save each individual item out of your PS file and drop them into Muse, then move them where you want, without having to touch the code.

You still won't be able to export the entire page as html from Photoshop to Muse. That's just not how it's done in either program. Like I said above, the code PS generates isn't acceptable for a real website. it's only for quick design comps to show people what the design should do in a browser, before the "coder" takes over.

Muse has a much more Photoshop-esque interface than DW and should be fairly easy for you to pick up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All right thank you so much for your answer, but i have on more question and that is about uploading your website from adobe muse in this case. How can you do that the best way?(when you have a hostingpackage and a domainname)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you have your hosting company chosen and your package purchased, you will be given log in credentials. You enter that info (location, username, password and root folder) into the appropriate fields under File > Upload to FTP Host... in Muse when you're ready, choose to upload all pages (or upload modified pages after the first upload).

Upload a Muse site to a third-party hosting service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay allright thank you for all the information, now i can make a website that will work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines