• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserting Multiple Images Into HTML File CC2017

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't I select multiple images in the FILES PANE and drag them onto my HTML page?  It worked a long time ago on earlier versions of DW but recently does not?  If I select three, it brings in only one.

Second part, I now select several images using FINDER on my Mac and was able to drag them into the HTML page.  In DW 2017, I get a message saying "Your files are not within the root" even through they really are?  When I drag them into the HTML file, I have to bring them in one at a time and then delete the local path name? 

Below, the file I want to bring in is in the path  /starlighters/2017-01-21/    that is the images is at  /starlighters/2017-01-21/2017-01-21-starlighters-post-diner-001.jpg

If I say YES, it moves ONE AT A TIME.....  If I say no I get a pathname of //LILES/MAC-HD/users/sites/starlighters/  in every image and have to remove and replace them...... 

screenshot_2152.jpg

Until I can do this, I go back to CS5 and bring in the images?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

The feature you are referring to is a known bug in Dw 2017, and is being worked on.

Also you can no longer select files outside of Dw's root folder for the site for inclusion. Doing so will give you the error you mention, this is also being look into.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The feature you are referring to is a known bug in Dw 2017, and is being worked on.

Also you can no longer select files outside of Dw's root folder for the site for inclusion. Doing so will give you the error you mention, this is also being look into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never been able to insert /drag more than one asset into into a web page.  

The current version does not support dragging files into code view.  It's been reported.

The workaround is to use the Insert  Menu but only one file per action.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you... I sure hope they can fix it... Until then I will just go back to DW CS5 and do the insert via Finder... Then go back to the "improved" DW CC 17+    Hope they can fix it soon...  It's kinda  pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GREAT!  I can not use the ASSET frame and insert multiple images but they are put into the HTML page in REVERSE ORDER....  I gove up... Had to insert 93 images by hand for cut/past/manually sort the images.  Using finder I get the not in root... I put the images in the root and still does not work!  VERY VERY frustrating and I deleted Dreamweaver CS5.

Anyone know how I can reinstall CS5 so I can stop wasting my time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just reinstall CS5 from your disks or download from here following the "Very Important Note" (about being logged into Adobe's site):

Download Adobe CS5 Free Trials – All Direct Links

...then use your existing CS5 activation info.

In the future, make sure to click the Advanced Options button in the CC installer dialogue window so you can turn off the Remove Older Versions checkbox. That way you can keep your currently installed versions of DW on your machine until you're sure the "latest" will do what you need it to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In CC2019, dragging multiple files from the Files window brings only one of the files into the page (the one you click when dragging multiples). You can drag from the desktop and it will ask you if you want to make a copy of the file in your site, this includes multiple files... So, it sort-of works the way it used to, almost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines