• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interesting thread from another forum

LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.wappler.io/t/what-is-wappler-from-the-clients-perspective/22924 

Since its genrally slow in here these days and not many interesting questions are being asked I thought the one above was an excellent question from the OP.

Clients SHOULD care about what workflows developers use to build their website, too many sadly don't.  The reason most don't is because they have no idea if a workflow is going to cause trouble for them or not. Pretty poor answers to the OPs question, in my opinion, which negate any concerns that the client may have if questioned and rather concenterate on what the developer considers appropriate for themselves. 

Its always going to be a 'crooks' market place, clients without the foresight or concern to ask for an independent view from a reputable source are always likely to get stung. Bad luck client, you most probably bought cheap, suck it up when the time comes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Since its generally slow in here these days and not many interesting questions are being asked... "

It's not just this forum. All the Adobe forums have sunk to new subterranean levels. 

As you may have surmised by now, I don't use Wappler.  However I can understand its appeal to some users.  But Wappler is just another tool, no different than a plumber's wrench.  

Do I care which wrench my plumber uses?  I sure don't.  But I expect him to know which one is right for the job because that's the expertise I'm paying for.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Do I care which wrench my plumber uses? I sure don't'.

Thanks for the feedback but in my  opinion that is a silly annalogy.

Which wrench your plumber uses hopefully will not compound on whether another plumber can take onboard the maintenance of your water supply if your regular plumber can't. I'm sure you would not want your plumber to fit a system which was only maintanable by them or one which you might have difficulty in getting another plumber to fix because of some kind of unique nuts and bolts used to fit the system.

Clients dont ask nearly enough when they commission a website, especially small clients, who should in my opinion allocate sometime to investigate a little further, before parting with their money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My answer in the other place was meant for users of the other software.

If that question was posted here, my answer would have been

Wappler is an IDE like Dreamweaver. 

But unlike Dreamweaver, Wappler has many time-saving add-ons like being able to create a complete database log-in system and creating SCRUD (search, create, read, update and delee)systems. It has built-in Server and client side REST API connectors, making shopping cart transactions a breeze.

There is also a built-in flexibility to easily choose a Docker environment with connections to Cloud Hosting facilities. Options for server side code include ASP.NET, classic ASP, PHP and NodeJS. Any one of thse can be used with very little time-wasting coding required.

With the template and routing system within NodeJS, makes web development and maintenance a sinch. No need for the outdated Dreamweaver Template system or even server side includes.

The above only covers a short oversight of Wappler, with many more built-in features that warrant mentioning.

At the moment, I am working on a PWA e-Commerce App using NodeJS. The App is a normal website that mimics device natural Apps without the cost.
Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure but like I said you convieniently (no surprise) avoid the points that may be negative if you was to be honest with your client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines