Highlighted

Is Dreamweaver CS 5.5 compatible with Mac OS X High Sierra or El Capitan?

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to upgrade my computer from OS X 10.10.5 but I don't want to loose my Dreamweaver CS 5.5 as I cannot afford to purchase and upgrade of Dreamweaver and I will loose my website.  Just a very very tiny enterprise and it would put me out of business. Several years ago I lost Photoshop on an upgrade and I cannot afford to replace it. But I can upgrade my Mac for free.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

If you must keep using  legacy software, keep your old OS.    CS5.5 is not certified to run on newer Mac OS.

TOPICS
Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is Dreamweaver CS 5.5 compatible with Mac OS X High Sierra or El Capitan?

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to upgrade my computer from OS X 10.10.5 but I don't want to loose my Dreamweaver CS 5.5 as I cannot afford to purchase and upgrade of Dreamweaver and I will loose my website.  Just a very very tiny enterprise and it would put me out of business. Several years ago I lost Photoshop on an upgrade and I cannot afford to replace it. But I can upgrade my Mac for free.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

If you must keep using  legacy software, keep your old OS.    CS5.5 is not certified to run on newer Mac OS.

TOPICS
Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 18, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2018 1
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a million!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2018 0
Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as usual you can also install a virtual machine ... so you will update your OS... and running your older OS under a VM...

Oracle VM VirtualBox - Downloads | Oracle Technology Network | Oracle

so you will have optimisation on both side... (if your machine processor allows to install higher OS builds)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 19, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Birnou how does one install a virtual machine please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2018 0
May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well you had the link in the previous message

Oracle VM VirtualBox - Downloads | Oracle Technology Network | Oracle

so you just have to download the appropriate installer, and run it...

then you launch VM Virtualbox.

from there you can then install as many virtual machine and virtual environment that you need

6.3. Creating a New Virtual Machine in VirtualBox

does this help ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2018 0