• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is my file locked?

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm working on a personal website and dreamweaver crashed. i reopened dreamweaver and it asked if i wanted to recover the file i was working on so i clicked yes. but now i am unable to edit anything in my file. its acting as if the file is locked or as if i'm in preview mode. i am unable to select cells in the table i have inserted, i can't edit text, and my mouse shows my links are active when i hover over the link but the links aren't working. i am new to dreamweaver and i don't know if i'm having a program error or if i'm doing something wrong. can anyone help?

thanks.

TOPICS
Error , How to , Other , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try saving the file with a new filename.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds to me like you are in Live View. Modifying tables in Live is a bit different than what people are used to in Design View.

To get back to Design View, make sure the Document Toolbar is active (under Window > Toolbars> Document (make sure it's checked), then select Design from the small triangle's dropdown menu...

live-design.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines