Highlighted

Is Wrensoft Zoom Search still viable?

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just getting ready to update an old website I'd done several years ago and had used Wrensoft Zoom Search.  Unfortunately my license key is no longer working.  I see their website is still up and it looks like the prices on the software haven't changed.   Just curious what other recommendations there might be.  TIA

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Every site is different.  

If you're working with static content and unable to use PHP & MySql to create your own custom search engine, then an off the shelf solution is your only option. 

Freefind.com is an online search engine I sometimes use for client projects because I can add a Template to Freefind that makes their results page look like our main website.

There's always Google Search which is probably more than adequate for most static websites.  I have a tutorial on how to do that below.   Even if you don't use Bootstrap, adding Google to any search from is painless.

Add Google to your Bootstrap Search Bar - https://alt-web.com/

Finally, If Zoom is still doing what you need, keep using it.

Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is Wrensoft Zoom Search still viable?

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just getting ready to update an old website I'd done several years ago and had used Wrensoft Zoom Search.  Unfortunately my license key is no longer working.  I see their website is still up and it looks like the prices on the software haven't changed.   Just curious what other recommendations there might be.  TIA

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Every site is different.  

If you're working with static content and unable to use PHP & MySql to create your own custom search engine, then an off the shelf solution is your only option. 

Freefind.com is an online search engine I sometimes use for client projects because I can add a Template to Freefind that makes their results page look like our main website.

There's always Google Search which is probably more than adequate for most static websites.  I have a tutorial on how to do that below.   Even if you don't use Bootstrap, adding Google to any search from is painless.

Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 10, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know Zoom is still around.  Did you reach out to them about your license?

They have their own support forums.

Forums - Wrensoft Forums for Zoom Search

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, I had chosen Zoom Search a long time ago at least partially as a result of your recommendation.  Can't remember if it was to me or someone else but I value your opinions.  Do you feel that Zoom Search still the best search engine to use on a Dreamweaver (CS6) website or would your recommend something else?  Good to see you're still here, by the way.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every site is different.  

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2018 0