Highlighted

Issue connecting to new domain suffix using DW CS5

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I think I may already know the answer but I'm hoping there may be a potential fix for my issue. I have a very old version of Dreamweaver (CS5) which I'm very happy with and works pretty well for the most part. I've done web development using it for a number of customers over the years and had relatively few problems with it. I've had a customer approach me to do some web development for him but his domain is one of the new domain suffixes (.taxi to be precise) but Dreamweaver just gives a generic error when I attempt to connect to the site. I know the details are correct as Filezilla/ Windows Explorer etc work without issue.

Is this a known issue/ is there a fix for this?

As you say, you probably know the answer.

Dw in trying to be helpfull flags anything it does not recognize as an error. If it will not allow you to enter any of the newer suffixes, then sorry but the only viable alternative is to use a 3rd party ftp program, as CS5 will never be updated to include them.

TOPICS
Dreamweaver FTP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Issue connecting to new domain suffix using DW CS5

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I think I may already know the answer but I'm hoping there may be a potential fix for my issue. I have a very old version of Dreamweaver (CS5) which I'm very happy with and works pretty well for the most part. I've done web development using it for a number of customers over the years and had relatively few problems with it. I've had a customer approach me to do some web development for him but his domain is one of the new domain suffixes (.taxi to be precise) but Dreamweaver just gives a generic error when I attempt to connect to the site. I know the details are correct as Filezilla/ Windows Explorer etc work without issue.

Is this a known issue/ is there a fix for this?

Dw in trying to be helpfull flags anything it does not recognize as an error. If it will not allow you to enter any of the newer suffixes, then sorry but the only viable alternative is to use a 3rd party ftp program, as CS5 will never be updated to include them.

TOPICS
Dreamweaver FTP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2017 1
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pziecina,

Thanks for that, at least it helps confirm the issue. I may just have to bite the bullet and look at upgrading in the future.

Thanks again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2017 0