Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with design view ?

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

when I am trying to display my sharepoint into DV , I get the code page fine but the design view only displays a text " - var navBarHelpOverrideKey = "WSSEndUser"; "

Any help ? is there anything I am doing wrong ?

thanks a lot

Anne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Design view may not render components that are dynamic or generated from scripts. For that you should be using Live View.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Design view may not render components that are dynamic or generated from scripts. For that you should be using Live View.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks a lot for the quick reply !

I have the same issue with live view unfortunately . Maybe it 's because I did not specify a live server ? thought I could work locally with both

Thanks again for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with Live View you will need at least a testing server defined in your DW site. DW is not itself a server that can process that data so all it can do without the server is render as text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're better off using an actual browser for testing.  Design View, Live View, etc., aren't actual browsers, and cannot accurately provide what will happen in an actual browser.  I always code for FireFox, then when I'm done I'll use IE and Chrome to see if anything isn't spot on and change from there.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines