Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my code in Library

<li><a href="mouthpieces/shew.html">Bobby Shew</a></li>

However, this is how is saved.

<li><a href="../Library/mouthpieces/shew.html">Bobby Shew</a> </li>

I consistently run into this problem and don't know how to make stop DW from adding ../Library in front of the links, which doesn't allow the links to work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Anissa, you don't understand my problem. The Library correctly shows at the top of the webpage, my issue is that is was also showing up in the middle of the code as well.

I found a solution:

Here was my original code that I was having a problem with:

problem2.JPG

Here is the solution:

<li><a href="/mouthpieces/shew.html">Bobby Shew</a></li>

You will have to look close to see the minor change of added a backslash before the word mouthpieces.

To me this is a pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert -

This isn't a problem; this is actually how Dreamweaver manages files using its Templates and Libraries system.

Whenever you add a block of code/content as a Library Item, it automatically stores that content in a subfolder in your project. The path is perfectly fine, but you could move it to a new location:

Dreamweaver should ask you to update the link, but you might need to save, close and reopen the page to see the new path reflected:

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why does it do it sometimes and other times it doesn't.

This pictures shows fours links, the first one works because it doesn't have Library in front, the other three links don't work and then were all done the same way. If I viewed the whole page of about 25 links now of them have Library in front of the link.

This only seems to happen on the onset of creating new links then somehow it disappears. Why?

problem1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using DW's proprietary Library Items?  Or is Library simply a folder name in your site?

Work with library items in Dreamweaver

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Are you using DW's proprietary Library Items?  Or is Library simply a folder name in your site?

Yes Nancy I'm using DW's proprietary Library items, they are .lbi files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  So those hyperlinks are inside your Library Item?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anissa, you don't understand my problem. The Library correctly shows at the top of the webpage, my issue is that is was also showing up in the middle of the code as well.

I found a solution:

Here was my original code that I was having a problem with:

problem2.JPG

Here is the solution:

<li><a href="/mouthpieces/shew.html">Bobby Shew</a></li>

You will have to look close to see the minor change of added a backslash before the word mouthpieces.

To me this is a problem with DW when using Library's.

When I create a hyperlink by pointing to the file I want to link to, DW automatically files in the proper path to the link. This path works just fine, however, when I use this same process in a Library (.lbi) file it doesn't work correctly. This is what got added to my pages assigned to my Library file:

<li><a href="../Library/mouthpieces/shew.html">Bobby Shew</a> </li>

I get a ../Library/ in front of my link which makes the link defective.

I had to type in the backslash for all of these links and everything work fine now.

DW programmers, you need to look at this, I've wasted a lot of time figuring this out on my own. This simple solution would be for the program to always put a backslash in front of all hyperlinks as a default as this would probably take care of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines