Highlighted

JavaScript not previewing in Live view in DW 20

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to get JavaScript working in Live View. additionally, the options for Freeze and Disable JavaScript are greyed out for Live View. What am I missing?

Mac OS 10.15.1

Dreamweaver 20.0 (Java works in Live View in 19.2.1)

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

Freeze and Disable are only available after you Hide Live Videw Displays.

As for why scripts might not be working, it depends on what the script does whether Live View will run it (at all, or without changing other settings).

I haven't fully investigate DW2020, but they probebly broke something accidentally. If you could share a link to your page we could take a look and see if maybe an error in the code is causing the issue, or if it's a newly introduced bug.

TOPICS
How to, Interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

JavaScript not previewing in Live view in DW 20

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to get JavaScript working in Live View. additionally, the options for Freeze and Disable JavaScript are greyed out for Live View. What am I missing?

Mac OS 10.15.1

Dreamweaver 20.0 (Java works in Live View in 19.2.1)

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

As for why scripts might not be working, it depends on what the script does whether Live View will run it (at all, or without changing other settings).

I haven't fully investigate DW2020, but they probebly broke something accidentally. If you could share a link to your page we could take a look and see if maybe an error in the code is causing the issue, or if it's a newly introduced bug.

TOPICS
How to, Interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 08, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, never mind. One has to select "Hide Live View Displays" to see JavaScript. I guess that was the default in 19?

Less than obvious, I would say.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 1
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jon.

I don't know why I never encountered the Hide Live View Displays restriction before. Can't say I remember ever noticing it, and when I installed the new version I migrated the prefs.

Oh well, sorted now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 0