Highlighted

javascripts not working

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reinstall Windows 10 and download the latest version of Dreamweaver.  I restored all my files, and created a new site, which was actually my old site, but now my javascripts are not working.  They worked fine before.  Is there some setting that enables javascripts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

javascripts not working

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reinstall Windows 10 and download the latest version of Dreamweaver.  I restored all my files, and created a new site, which was actually my old site, but now my javascripts are not working.  They worked fine before.  Is there some setting that enables javascripts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait: I know more.  My javascripts ARE working on Preview Mode in a browzer.  They just are not working in Live view.  I think Live view is not really enabled.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it.  I had to uncheck "Hide Live View Displays."  This is a terrible default option.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Live View was originally meant to be a browser emulation in earlier versions of DW, but Adobe is attempting to transition it into the main visual editing interface in the latest versions.

By default, the Live View Editor is functional, however, when you turn off Live View Displays, you also disable its editing capabilities. 

DW has multiple options that allow you to preview your work in actual browsers, which is the best way to preview any work done for the web: Real Time Preview, Device Preview and Open in Browser. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0