• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jquery events autocomplete is gone on CC 2017

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why Jquery event autocomplete is gone on CC 2017? Screen is from CC 2015.

events.JPG

Any way to restore this functionality?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

pziecina  wrote

Dreamweaver 2017 moved to using the Brackets code editor, and unfortunately this had the result of some jQuery features not working.

Much of the 'removed' (temporarily) features are being worked for inclusion in a future update, As an example jQuery selectors -

https://dreamweaver.uservoice.com/forums/382851-adobe-dreamweaver-bugs/suggestions/1692437 2-jquery-selectors

All I can suggest at the moment, is that for jQuery you continue to use Dw 2015.

Sorry for the bad news, but the team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me.  See screenshot.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You forgot quotation marks, single or double its up to you. Examples: http://api.jquery.com/on/

2. Do you see any of them?

Browser Events

.resize()

.scroll()

Form Events

.blur()

.change()

.focus()

.focusin()

.focusout()

.select()

.submit()

Keyboard Events

.keydown()

.keypress()

.keyup()

Mouse Events

.click()

.contextMenu()

.dblclick()

.hover()

.mousedown()

.mouseenter()

.mouseleave()

.mousemove()

.mouseout()

.mouseover()

.mouseup()

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver 2017 moved to using the Brackets code editor, and unfortunately this had the result of some jQuery features not working.

Much of the 'removed' (temporarily) features are being worked for inclusion in a future update, As an example jQuery selectors -

https://dreamweaver.uservoice.com/forums/382851-adobe-dreamweaver-bugs/suggestions/16924372-jquery-s...

All I can suggest at the moment, is that for jQuery you continue to use Dw 2015.

Sorry for the bad news, but the team is working hard to improve Dw in many areas, and the lack of jQuery autocomplete was one of the casualties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

https://dreamweaver.uservoice.com/forums/382851-adobe-dreamweaver-bugs/suggestions/1692437 2-jquery-...

Sorry for the bad news, but the team is working hard to improve Dw in many areas, and the lack of jQuery autocomplete was one of the casualties.

oooops! That's going to be pretty darn annoying for anyone updating from a prior version. Updates are meant to be an improvement, not a backwards step. I hope for some tollerance while Adobe engineers get their act together else they are going to be losing a lot of current users to other more up-to-date software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Dreamweaver CC - I used the old versions for a long time - now switched to CC.

Looks like this problem hasn't been sold for 3 years - what is a real pitty! I used to type $(document).r... and the full document-ready statement with all breakets,.. was written by DW - now I have to type it all by myself! What a downgrade - and why! Any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use your custom Snippets folder to create and store frequently used code fragments. 

Although I still use jQuery for some things, its popularity as a must-have framework has declined in recent years.  This shift from jQ towards plain vanilla JavaScript is in large part because the browser makers -- Apple, MS, Google and Mozilla -- are cooperating instead of waging non-stop war with each other. 

Shared browser standards means developers like us can accomplish more with native browser APIs.  We no longer need jQuery to pave common ground in order for browsers to work right.  

Times change and so do the technologies we use.  Face it, embrace it, you can't escape it.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help - will give it a try!

[Personal info removed by moderator as per public forum policy.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines