Highlighted

jQuery Library conflicts possible?

Enthusiast ,
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the 1.11.3 originally. My navicon rolled out and collapsed as needed for phone & tablet views.

Then, I installed the 1.12.2 to get the smooth scroll for anchors w/ the easing. So the 'core' 3.2.1 is also being called in.

Upon adding the latter, the navicon no longer functioned.

I realized, could it be a conflict with the library versions? I just commented out the call for 1.11.3 and removed the minified file off the server.

Still doesn't work. Now wondering if I should bring that back in, and use something like this:

Nemikor Blog » Using multiple versions of jQuery

Do you think this would be the issue? All was working before I added in the easing and updated library scripts.

And the class names for the anchors and the navicon roll-out menu are unique.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

jQuery Library conflicts possible?

Enthusiast ,
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the 1.11.3 originally. My navicon rolled out and collapsed as needed for phone & tablet views.

Then, I installed the 1.12.2 to get the smooth scroll for anchors w/ the easing. So the 'core' 3.2.1 is also being called in.

Upon adding the latter, the navicon no longer functioned.

I realized, could it be a conflict with the library versions? I just commented out the call for 1.11.3 and removed the minified file off the server.

Still doesn't work. Now wondering if I should bring that back in, and use something like this:

Nemikor Blog » Using multiple versions of jQuery

Do you think this would be the issue? All was working before I added in the easing and updated library scripts.

And the class names for the anchors and the navicon roll-out menu are unique.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally speaking, you'd want to call the more recent version of jQuery over an older version when mixing multiple scripts.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use only 1 jQuery Core Library.  Preferably the latest stable release. 

<!--latest jQuery 3-->

<script src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.2.1.min.js" integrity="sha256-hwg4gsxgFZhOsEEamdOYGBf13FyQuiTwlAQgxVSNgt4=" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>

If your plugin was written more than 5 years ago, you should look for a newer one.   If that's not possible, drop-back to an older version of jQuery like 2.2.4.  See jQuery CDN for the list of stable releases.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2017 1