• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[JS] slide images

Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from The Lounge to Dreamweaver support forum .]

I've just uploaded a website goreyhc.com and on the first index page i have incorporated some slide images. Using js. However when i test them here on my test server it all works. when i go remote it doesn't work. the text underneath the images do change as it should. i'e renamed the images. deleted and copied them back again, but no luck. i must be overlooking something. Any thoughts..?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

rjwortmann  wrote

I've just uploaded a website goreyhc.com and on the first index page i have incorporated some slide images. Using js. However when i test them here on my test server it all works. when i go remote it doesn't work. the text underneath the images do change as it should. i'e renamed the images. deleted and copied them back again, but no luck. i must be overlooking something. Any thoughts..?

Works ok here, text and ima

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which program are you using.

e.g. Muse, Dreamweaver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When things don't work as expected, 97% of the time it's caused by code errors of which you have a significant number --  89 errors and 76 warnings.  Focus on fixing your errors and things should fall into place.  If not, please post back after you've updated your site and we'll take a 2nd look.

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.goreyhc.com%2F

PS I'm moving this to the Dreamweaver forum.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mmm. if you validate you can see that the doctype was wrong set. nothing major and nothing that had any influence on the images not showing. it was a coding error (typo) nothing more. Bit simple to just validate and see the amount of errors and blame it on that... didn't help me but thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rjwortmann  wrote

Works ok here, text and images  change. A bit jumpy but that is probably because your images are not all the same size, maybe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks a mill. You're right just one capital letter made all the difference. The jumpiness is because of the different size images. I've validated and all working correctly now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines