Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Komprimieren von Seiten

Participant ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guten Tag alle

DW CC2017 ist ein tolles Werkzeug - danke!

Nun habe ich mit einigem Aufwand meine Website responsive gemacht. DW hat ja bootstrap integriert, das heisst, es gibt beim Neuanlegen einer Site je eine Datei bootstrap.css, jquery-1.11.3.min.js und bootstrap.js. Diese Dateien sollen nicht bearbeitet werden, was mir einleuchtet.

Weiter habe ich eine eigene css-Datei my_styles.css angelegt. - Hat alles bestens geklappt.

ABER:

1. Google zeigt mir an, dass die Site nicht optimiert sei für kleine Screens - ich bin frustriert.
  2. Google schlägt vor, bestimmte Dateien zu komprimieren. Konkret:
    mysite.ch/css/bootstrap.css
    mysite.ch/js/jquery-1.11.3.min.jsmysite.ch/bootstrap.js
    mysite.ch/css/my_styles.css
    mysite.ch/
  3. Weiter sagt Google, dass der verwendete Adobe-Webfont die Ladezeit verlängere und ich diesen entfernen soll.

Ich bin ratlos.

WAS SOLL ICH TUN?

Wenn ich die Dateien komprimiere, dann heisst das ja, dass ich die bestehenden Dateien durch die komprimierten ersetzen muss.

1. Gibt es Konflikte mit der "Philosophie" von Adobe Dreamweaver?
  2. Wenn ja - welche und wie muss ich damit umgehen?
  3. Was bedeutet das für eine spätere Bearbeitung von einzelnen Seiten?
  4. Weshalb wird ein Webfont von Google negativ angesehen und die Empfehlung abgegeben, ihn zu entfernen?

Eigentlich habe ich noch mehr Fragen in diesem Zusammenhang, aber ich will nicht zu viel vermischen.

Ich bin dankbar für jeden Hinweis aus der Community!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

I assume you mean Google Page Speed Insights.   Take what Google says with a good measure of salt.  It's not yet possible for modern websites to achieve a perfect 100/100 score on that meter unless your landing page uses text only and no scripts or external CSS.    In the real world, that's not how we build web sites.  Therefore, it's an impossible benchmark.  Learn from it and implement all that you can.  But don't lose sleep over the things you can't fix.

As an example,  Page Speed Insights re

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I will let someone else reply about the bootstrap files, as I do not use it.

Regarding the site not being optimized for mobile devices, this is a common problem that is made worse by the use of frameworks like bootstrap, and one Google have only in the last few years started complaining about. It is caused by a number of problems, one of them being that developers 'hide' content from mobile devices but still force the device to download the content, (use of display: none;).

Another is that unless you optimize the css to remove all unused declerations, everything is downloaded even what is not used.

All the above means that all of the content, (images and text) css and possibly videos and content such as those used in a carousel, which is commonly included in a desktop layout but hidden on mobile is still downloaded by mobile devices, which causes excessive bandwidth usage for those using a mobile network.

Now to downloadable fonts.

These have become very popular over the last few years, but the popularity of them has led to developers to over use them, and instead of limiting the use to essentials, they are being used for everything. Downloadable font files can be anything from 80kb to Mb in size, again a problem with what the user must download. It also means that the browser renders the page using the browsers default fonts, before replacing those fonts with the downloadable font(s), causing the display to 'flash' as the displayed fonts are changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pziecina

danke für die rasche und ausführliche Antwort.

Ich verstehe jetzt ein bisschen besser, warum die Sache mit dem optimieren so ist.

Aber ich weiss immer noch nicht, was ich tun kann oder tun muss. - Ich hoffe, dass jemand sich mit bootstrap auskennt und meine Fraen beantworten kann.

Schliesslich möchte ich ja nicht eine Technik verwenden, die von Google nachteilig behandelt wird.

Zu den Webfonts: es wird ja sehr gut angezeigt, wie viel Ressourcen eine Schrift braucht - "narrensicher" mit grün-gelb-rot. Da habe ich schon darauf geschaut, dass ich nur schnell ladbare Schriften ausgewählt habe.

Es ist doch sehr schade, wenn gute Tools am Ende schlecht bewertet werden - und die damit erstellten Websites ebenfalls!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you mean Google Page Speed Insights.   Take what Google says with a good measure of salt.  It's not yet possible for modern websites to achieve a perfect 100/100 score on that meter unless your landing page uses text only and no scripts or external CSS.    In the real world, that's not how we build web sites.  Therefore, it's an impossible benchmark.  Learn from it and implement all that you can.  But don't lose sleep over the things you can't fix.

As an example,  Page Speed Insights reports a penalty for using Google Analytics tracking code.  What?  Google marks down for using Google code?  That's right.  And the workarounds are so ridiculous that nobody implements them.   You can definitely skip that one.  It's absurd.

Things you can do to make your site faster:

• Optimize images
  • Use minfied scripts and CSS files.
  • Use GZIP file compression on your server.
  • Defer Javascript loading by placing less important scripts at the end of your documents. 

I do not recommend using the so called defer.JS script that's available on the web.  I've tested it. It's prone to failure and could easily break your website.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Nancy

your remarks are very informative and help me to understand a bit better what happens.

So I have things to learn from it as you suggested and you gave me good advices to make my site faster.

Have a nice day

M S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines