• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Last DW version standalone with 64 bit

Advocate ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the Last DW version standalone that is also 64 bit? I may try to buy a used copy as Mac go to 64 bit thanks.  If anyone has advice where to find that let me know thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

IMO, there's no single editor that does everything and does it well.  So I use many tools alongside DW. 

Pinegrow has a visual interface, while the others are code editors.  You will have to preview in browsers to see your work. Try them and see which ones best fit your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legacy Creative Suite software is no longer sold, supported or updated to work with modern operating systems.

Your only option now is to get a Creative Cloud subscription.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the last standalone you could buy, with CD, before subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Suite 6 (12.0) which was not updated beyond a dot release.

Included in a paid Creative Cloud plan are:

CS6 (12.2),

CC 2013,

CC 2014,

CC 2015,

CC 2017,

CC 2018

As you can see from the list, a lot has changed since CS6 came out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99% of the changes I don't need.  I still need to learn CSS! I just need last version one can buy CD, and is 64 bit.

And please no creative suite. Just DW, anyone out there? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need Dreamweaver to write CSS code.

Dreamweaver CS6 is the last version Adobe sold in a box.  It's no longer being sold by ANY authorized dealer -- foreign or domestic.   Adobe stopped selling it in 2017.

If you want Dreamweaver today without any other apps,  you either pay $31.49/month and cancel at anytime without penalty or you pay  $239 / year for a 1 year contract.

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

OPTION 2:

Visual Studio Code (free)

Brackets (free)

Atom (free)

Pinegrow (not free)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy, so used to DW 3, and I intend to finally learn CSS. I did not go to 5 as you can't even use DW after 3 or 4 unless you know CSS well

$240 year  such a rip off Adobe should be ashamed.  But I could search Ebay etc for CD copy?  6 is definitely the last version? and is it 64 bit?

The 4 option 2s, what think of them, for someone who is used to DW for 15 years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope DW was 64 bits after build CC 2014, DW CS6 is not at all 64 bits.... Adobe Dreamweaver - Wikipedia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks B, where on Wiki do you see bits?

So to be 64 which Mac machines will require soon, you will need to pay the gauging Adobe subscription?

I could also boot into an old OS and use DW3 still, but bit of a pita.

What do you think , same question Nancy

The 4 option 2s, what think of them, for someone who is used to DW for 15 years?

OPTION 2:

Brackets (free)

Atom (free)

Pinegrow (not free)

How is the feel and use of these compared to DW?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO, there's no single editor that does everything and does it well.  So I use many tools alongside DW. 

Pinegrow has a visual interface, while the others are code editors.  You will have to preview in browsers to see your work. Try them and see which ones best fit your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

larry4545  wrote

So to be 64 which Mac machines will require soon, you will need to pay the gauging Adobe subscription?

I could also boot into an old OS and use DW3 still, but bit of a pita.

What do you think , same question Nancy

OPTION 2:

Brackets (free)

Atom (free)

Pinegrow (not free)

How is the feel and use of these compared to DW?

Pinegrow is your best bet at 79 dollars for standard or 179 dollars for pro,  a one off payment. The other edtiors mentioned do not have any visual means of laying out a webpage, you need to know code EXTENSIVELY!!

Wappler is the new kid on the block being released in a couple of days time. I suspect you qualify as a freelancer and not a business so you can pick up the basic edition for 49 dollars a year.

https://wappler.io/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Osgood Nancy thanks.

Well in DW3 my web preview has been broken, but you do have the Design view, those free ones don't even have that? I mean you can do code in text edit!

But O how is wrapper vs Pinegrow visually, ease of use compared to DW 3 which I'm used to?

Or I can again, just boot into an old OS when 64 bit is out and work in DW3 those it's a pita..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workflow is probably different from yours so I can't honestly say which is good, better or best for you.   I think you have to try them and judge for yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

larry4545  wrote

But O how is wrapper vs Pinegrow visually, ease of use compared to DW 3 which I'm used to?

I can't remember DW3, I'm not that old

I have tried neither Pinegrow or Wappler as I'm not a hugley visual reliant developer but I will try them out at some stage becuase they look intriging enough to do so. I dont much like bloat and both come packed full of bloat, bloat, bloat, for some that may be ok particularly if you rely on an editor which has more visual capabilities. I like my editors to be sleak and clear of stuff that I would not use in a million years, neither qualify when it comes to that but it doesnt make them bad editors, parts may well be very good. As someone else said you won't ever find the perfect fit, maybe something close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O thanks, I'm assuming you use latest DW? But isn't DW the champ of bloat? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

larry4545  wrote

O thanks, I'm assuming you use latest DW? But isn't DW the champ of bloat? 

No way. I dumped DW quiet a few months back, maybe a couple of years now as I didnt like the way it was going. The trip was good while it lasted but I needed something to suit my abilities more and DW wasn't really supplying that any longer, becoming more aimed at the amatuer in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks O, what do you use now?  Why do you come onto the forum DW? just out of habit?

But I thought DW is the pro tool?  Got zillions of features, full Bloat. no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

larry4545  wrote

Thanks O, what do you use now?

After a shortly love affair with Php Storm I went back to using Coda 2.

I went through a lot of editors and I found them all to be either 'in my face' including default stuff that I have an adverse reaction towards or stuff that is so above my head it becomes excess to requirement, that's what happened with php storm, although its probably the rolls-royce of IDEs if you are into unit testing and debugging etc. I needed to find middle ground, something that just allowed me to do what I do without making me feel either annoyed or completely overwhelmed.

Coda is  by no means perfect, its 6 years old and hasnt had a major update in that time but I still feel its relevant and has some really nice features that no other editor has and fits in with my workflow nicely, which is mainly coding. Its also native to the Mac. The guys at Panic are working on Coda 3 or Coda Next as they have given it as a project name so I have high hopes for the next generation of Coda or whatever its eventually called. I just hope they dont try and make it like all the others, Sublime, Atom, VC code, etc all of which I find are not a good fit for me.

I'll probbaly dive in and out of editors as I get bored very quickly.

larry4545  wrote

Why do you come onto the forum DW? just out of habit?

DW served me well for a long period and Ive been here since the start and I was a member of the previous forum which became this one from where I learned a huge amount from which was in those days a vibrant forum, not so much these days and most of the folk I learnt from have long gone. I just out grew DW as I became more adapt at coding.

larry4545  wrote

But I thought DW is the pro tool?  Got zillions of features, full Bloat. no?

lol, no, nothing could be further from the truth. It would not even get a mention if you took a poll from professionals as to which editor they use. A zillion features, not really, most would not even be considered by professionals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks O, My needs are most basic then in world. I'm on DW 3 for 15 years. Don't even know CSS.

So

What think would replicate that the best DW3, little learning curve what would you do?

1- keep using DW3 and boot into old Mac OS each time?

2- use Coda 2

3 Use Pinegrow / Wrapper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

larry4545  wrote

Thanks O, My needs are most basic then in world. I'm on DW 3 for 15 years. Don't even know CSS.

So

What think would replicate that the best DW3, little learning curve what would you do?

1- keep using DW3 and boot into old Mac OS each time?

2- use Coda 2

3 Use Pinegrow / Wrapper

I personally think you should have a look at Pinegrow and Wappler when it comes out. From the info you are providing they probably best suit your requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This may give you an idea https://wappler.io/

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

larry4545  a écrit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines