Highlighted

lbi file change not updating files using it

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden, when I edit a library page, save it, and click to update the files/pages that use it, those pages do not update, in spite of the fact that the update box shows these files/pages in the update box.  The library page in question is saved with the edits when I save it, but the updates laugh in my face.  I've tried everything I can think of, including uninstalling Dreamweaver, cleaning the registry, and re-installing Dreamweaver.  This is the result of "Update Library Items":

Updating E:\My Documents\Web Sites\keesecker.info\

Templates\template.dwt (no change)
files examined: 9
files updated: 0
files which could not be updated: 0
total time: (0:00:01)

This was not a problem the last time I used Dreamweaver, but today is a different story.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

lbi file change not updating files using it

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden, when I edit a library page, save it, and click to update the files/pages that use it, those pages do not update, in spite of the fact that the update box shows these files/pages in the update box.  The library page in question is saved with the edits when I save it, but the updates laugh in my face.  I've tried everything I can think of, including uninstalling Dreamweaver, cleaning the registry, and re-installing Dreamweaver.  This is the result of "Update Library Items":

Updating E:\My Documents\Web Sites\keesecker.info\

Templates\template.dwt (no change)
files examined: 9
files updated: 0
files which could not be updated: 0
total time: (0:00:01)

This was not a problem the last time I used Dreamweaver, but today is a different story.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 04, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, this does not occur with the other lbi files.  Changes in those update the entire site, so the problem is only with the one lbi file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As is usually the case, the best repair is downloading a backup.  This I did, whatever the issue was, it's gone.  I'll have to do some catch-up and hope I don't muck anything up again.  So, my post is now moot.  However, if you've had an issue like mine, I would be interested to know - and how you fixed it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File corruptions can occur from time to time, often for no obvious reason. I'm glad you had a backup version you could revert to.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 1
Audiose LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Velcro, chocolate, and file backups.  Can't live without 'em.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 2