Highlighted

Legacy downloading with New CC manager

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to download Dreamweaver CS6 but it's missing from the new CC management program. Does anyone know how to download direct or access the old CC program to regain access?

Community Beginner
Correct answer by ju57in | Community Beginner

Solution found so noting here for anyone else in the future. 
I phoned support as I'm a teams customer, it has been removed from the CC management app. 
In order to access the CS and other CC legacy installations, you need to install the Creative Cloud Packager (CCP). This is available from your Admin Console (Packages/Tools). 
Once packaged & downloaded, you need to close ALL Adobe and CC processes in Task Manager before installing. 

This whole process is quite protracted so I would recommend phoning support (your local number will be in the Support section of your online management console)

TOPICS
Download install and licensing, Product issue, Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Legacy downloading with New CC manager

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to download Dreamweaver CS6 but it's missing from the new CC management program. Does anyone know how to download direct or access the old CC program to regain access?

Community Beginner
Correct answer by ju57in | Community Beginner

I phoned support as I'm a teams customer, it has been removed from the CC management app. 
In order to access the CS and other CC legacy installations, you need to install the Creative Cloud Packager (CCP). This is available from your Admin Console (Packages/Tools). 
Once packaged & downloaded, you need to close ALL Adobe and CC processes in Task Manager before installing. 

This whole process is quite protracted so I would recommend phoning support (your local number will be in the Support section of your online management console)

TOPICS
Download install and licensing, Product issue, Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 06, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a side note, if Adobe read this; please please please support other serverside languages other than just PHP in the CC version of Dreamweaver. Then the CS6 versions can be laid to rest from a thankful community.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Team and Enterprise members have a little more latitude with packaging legacy apps providing your internal company policies allow it. 

OTOH, individual plan members cannnot get legacy (pre-2019) versions anymore. Adobe wants all members to use the latest Creative Cloud or one previous to take advantage of new generation technologies and security features that don't exist in older versions.  For this reason, I like to keep my old installations in case I ever need them again.  

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very disapointing, as an individual plan member.

I had to update in order to open a colaborators project, and now I can't downgrade for an older unfinished project that uses a tonne of HDV footage that is no longer a supported file type.

Lessons learned - keep old versions. Extreemely frustrating that they would change the CC Manager options.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't new.  Adobe changed the legacy app policy in May 2019.  

And please explain why you think you can't use hi-def video in DW 2020?   All browsers support H.264 in the MP4 file type.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 31, 2020 0