Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library Items...

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi People.

I am trying to build a fully responsive website, and for the most part, it is OK.

I get that "green tick".....

Then, when I insert a library item (.lib) I get the nasty RED X....

Are library items no longer supported ?
Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

Glen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Library Items are supported. But as with older versions, are probably something to be avoided. Consider them a poor man's SSI. You should use SSI instead. That said, if you are not familiar with, or comfortable with, includes, you really should be using DWT (DW Templates) to manage site-wide content.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Library Items are supported. But as with older versions, are probably something to be avoided. Consider them a poor man's SSI. You should use SSI instead. That said, if you are not familiar with, or comfortable with, includes, you really should be using DWT (DW Templates) to manage site-wide content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Al.

I will build a DWT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look into your Code View window.

Hover over any red line numbers to see what the red x is talking about. It's likely a simple code error in your library item that you need to fix.

You can also run your page through the W3C validator by going to File > Validate > Current Document W3C to get a listing of your code errors. Once they're cleaned up, the red x will go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines